Moving

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Ridgerunner you will have some great times with your family in Louisiana. Our last house barely had any space for a garden, we had to wait until the kids outgrew the swing set and pool to get a proper garden space. You need enough space to get your hands in the dirt, maybe try other gardening methods like raised bed, square foot , or cottage style. Sounds like you going to be quite busy for awhile , hope you will keep us updated.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not surprised your house sold so fast, from photos you posted looked like you kept house in great shape. When house hunting I would get shocked at how filthy some houses where knowing people would be looking at them. One house had about 10 cats litter boxes looked like they had not been cleaned in weeks.:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not surprised your house sold so fast, from photos you posted looked like you kept house in great shape. When house hunting I would get shocked at how filthy some houses where knowing people would be looking at them. One house had about 10 cats litter boxes looked like they had not been cleaned in weeks.:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick

I've seen some of those too. We just walk away. My brother-in-law had one during inspection where they found a dead animal, probably mouse, in the wall. It was fairly fresh when they looked at the house but not very fresh when the inspector came by.

It's funny that you say it sold fast. My wife and the agent were talking about lowering the asking price. The first two weeks we had it n the market we had a lot of activity. That was from people in the market for this type of property, something with a little acreage. Some had been looking of over two years. We had a couple where one spouse really wanted it and one did not. Then the activity slowed down, it was just new people looking. I was prepared to be patient, figuring the market would heat up as we got closer to school letting out since so many people want to change their kids' schools in the summer. This is a good school district. Then we got the offer out of the blue while we were down looking at buying one, which worked really well.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
It really is all about timing. You can never tell who will be looking for the exact thing at the exact time it's available. Congratulations on it coming together. I'm so happy for you to be close to your grandkids.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ain't that the truth. But our Granddaughter is 7, in 10 years she moves away to college. Times a wasting.

yes, as i've found out, if you don't really have much of a relationship with them when they are younger they don't seem to want to get going with one later on. i'm just not very good with children most of the time (not used to them - i live a pretty quiet life), but once in a while one gets along with me. i have nieces and nephews and i'm ok with them all, but they all live away and don't see them much at all, they don't visit very often either - probably afraid we'll put them to work... ;)

Latest posts