Moving

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Quote Ridgerunner: I'm not mad at anyone I just have not had a computer.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well Ridgerunner ~ we ~ some of us are mad at you ~ for something you did ~ that we won't mention ```

Now if you come up with ~ those Rice Krispie treats ~ you know made with Rice Krispies and marshmellows ~ then all would be forgiven ( homemade prefered```

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
You know ~ we should know more about or computers ~ took a class once ~ but ~ when I've a problem ~ I have to ask daughters ~ I should know more about a laptop then they ```

Anyway ~ we should know how to fix these thing ~ we're on them so often ```

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
upload_2018-2-27_14-42-51.jpeg
Moonunit Zappa

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds like a great adventure and Bonus close to the Grandchildren. :love Like some one else here said, I need to borrow your wife or some of her Get it DONE !

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am so provincial. What do I know about any place else??

Growing up in one place but having my first garden in a quite different location was risky. The Rogue Valley of southern Oregon is much like the Central Valley of California. The northern California coast was quite a different world. I remember how I successfully grew pole beans. I don't believe that I tried to grow sweet corn or melons. There would have been a very good chance of failure.

Then I came here. For a short time and in a very limited way, I had some plants in a college town about 100 miles south. The soil might have been on another planet but the climate is about the same. My garden was just beyond where the mower guy cut the grass. It could not have been much more of a failure :(.

Back to here ... and here has been a garden in various locations but all within about 40 miles of each other. I had problems at 100 miles distance. How about 200 miles or 10 x 200??

Steve

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
The house is listed, we have our first showing scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/11579-Ranchwood-Rd-Prairie-Grove-AR-72753/72837427_zpid/

The inside of the house looks really nice. My wife has done the touch-up painting (she is good at that, much better than me). Her way to de-clutter is to pile stuff up in the garage and tell me to take care of it. She's good at that too. So far I've made 7 trips to haul stuff away (some hazardous disposal, some trash, and some recyclables) and am waiting on a guy to come pick up some stuff for his farm. Hopefully he will take a lot more than he is thinking he will. I'm going to give it away anyway. I'd prefer him to do the hauling and it go to someone that will use it instead of a landfill. I still have a lot of other stuff to haul away, hopefully get some more Monday.

As you'd expect, a coupe of plumbing problems have developed in the last few days, really minor leaks that are time consuming to fix. My John Deere mower that I use to pull my trailer around went into the shop. The shade tree mechanic had it back in a couple of days, I was amazed at the quick turn-around. It would have been two weeks most other places. The wild onions are starting to come up so I'll be mowing and wed-eating soon. The rain is not helping either. I'd like to have had a couple more weeks to get some outside stuff and outbuilding stuff done before we started showing but I didn't and everyone is convinced the house is all that matters anyway. It will be as it will be and I'll do as I can. It's still stressful.

Need to go to see if tightening that nut stopped the leak. If not I'll be soon replacing a valve.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't get irked at me....What is a loafing barn and what kind of tree is a plumb? And your Realtor needs to add in some punctuation please. I'm on Zillow and Trulia almost every day, and typos are the bane of my existence.

Love the loom and the old sewing machine table and the screened in porch!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
WOW, love what you are selling. Although NOT in my price range AND too far from Grandchildren. Nice amount of land and established fruit/nut tree. Bonus. Wonderful porch. I could live there! Good luck selling it quickly with not headaches.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Spacious

Neat

Attractive

I didn't realize that you were so close to Fort Smith, my grandfather's place of birth. I coulda had you doing genealogical research for me!

:) Steve

Latest posts