My Ducks Have Been Mailed

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
It looks like poo. Bumble foot isn't genetic, but yours isn't that. Bumble foot is from raising chicks on a slippery surface and they can slip and become lame. Fill up the tub and let your ducks have some fun! The poo will dissolve. ALSO, if you are NOT a member of BYC, become one. There are LOTS of duck owners over there. I have never owned them and can't offer much advice, besides that they can be raised/kept with chickens. I have avoided ducks bc they are really messy, and my hens are messy enough!

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
If that's dried poo it's looks like it's been there more than two days or maybe there was a lot of litter in the shipping container to soak up their poo and it stuck to his foot. Duck poo is pretty runny, if not how could they send them out in that condition :somad.
Hopefully it will come off with a good soak, poor little guy. Until you have time to deal with it do you have a small tub you can fill and let him swim around in?

Annette

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
They are ducks. Ducks are messy.

and they are greasy as well.....
3756975.jpg

@Nyboy whatever you do dont name them.....it's easier that way while popping them into the oven.....:lol:

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Glad it is not a tumor but makes me wonder what conditions they where raise in. There was lots of straw in shipping box. That lump is rock hard the female has same but much smaller.

Latest posts