My Ducks Have Been Mailed

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Alex, you know these guys are flyers, might be good idea to clip their wings, just in case they get loose before they know where home is.
If you decide to clip their wings make sure the person knows how to do it so they don't bleed.
I know about attachment, I had a little banty hen that anyone else would have put down. Right from the get go she was sickly from the time she hatched out, I persevered with her and she became my shadow, she would fly up sit on my shoulder and if I was lying on a blanket in the back yard catching a few rays she'd be right beside me lying there with her wings stretched out. She never did grow into a normal sized banty she was a real runt, I called her Little Peep. I'm just too soft hearted for my own good.

Annette

Last edited:

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
the boys have curled tail feathers. they are usually the quiet ones too. the girls are louder. i talked with my boss & told her you were getting a pair & she was excited. at first she thought you were in NH but i had to tell her you are in NY so i wouldn't be able to see or meet them. she did say she had one a few years ago & loved him! sweet & tame duckies. better than her bowling pin Runner ducks she said.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
:celebrate:celebrateThey're here! :celebrate
They're alive! :celebrate
They don't appear to have any serious health problems! :celebrate
The issue that one of them has should be easily treatable! :celebrate

@Nyboy You are lucky and I'm very happy that your dream of having this breed is coming to be. :celebrate

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Annette nothing wrong with being soft hearted. I clip the parrots wings should be the same ( do duck bites draw blood ? ) Was planning on doing today or tomorrow I figured after 2 days in mail let them calm down a little. I also want to give them a bath. For some reason my phone will no longer email photos. I have to find my camera I want everybodys feedback on feet

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i've never been close enough to a live duck to know a thing about them or their bites. since they can eat snails i'd suspect they are not delicate nibblers... ;)

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
upload_2018-2-14_9-50-48.png
having hard time posting

Latest posts