My Ducks Have Been Mailed

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I saw the photo. Not to worry. That should grow out, as it is just skin on the webbing. Still, can't believe that somebody sold you an injured animal!!! When I bought the 1yo hens last Fall, their housing could have been cleaner, but the birds were healthy.
If you bought PayPal, or other, you should be able to lodge a complaint and give them a low score. I have seen animals sold at auctions with problems, but not heard of injured animals mailed. pfft :rant

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I did pay by pay pal almost $200 ducks $60 rest for box and shipping. Was emailing back and forth with seller before ducks arrive. After unpacking i emailed about feet never heard back. They are now in there forever home. I need to get stool sample to vet and treat for any parasites before taking home.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
naming nyboys ducks......
peking.... sounds good for one of them
View attachment 24532
  1. 1 (4 -6 lb) whole duck.
  2. 3 tablespoons honey.
  3. 4 tablespoons xiao xing chinese rice wine (aka shao hsing)
  4. 2 tablespoons white vinegar.
  5. 3 slices of unpeeled fresh ginger.
  6. 3 tablespoons cornstarch.
  7. 3 tablespoons Chinese five spice powder, for rub.
  8. 4 tablespoons soy sauce.
  9. 375 for 1.5 hours
roast is good for the other...
22377908382_094f32d783_c.jpg

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. Rub salt, pepper, and paprika into the skin of the duck. Place in a roasting pan.
  3. Roast duck in preheated oven for 1 hour. Spoon 1/4 cup melted butter over bird, and continue cooking for 45 more minutes.

anyway you slice it duck is delicious

Some years ago, I had 1 Pekin drake and 4 Pekin hens. They hatched and raised 96 ducklings that soon looked just like those in the photos above as they graced our table. DELISHOUS !!! :drool:drool:drool:drool:drool

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Found a great way to soak feet. 5 gallon bucket with top, cut hole in top big enough for ducks head and neck to fit. Fill bucket a few inches with soaking solution, put duck in bucket, put top on bucket let duck stick head out of hole .
Great idea!

Mary

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those poor ducks. I can't believe anybody would let their animals get in such a condition and even worse, send them off like that. I am glad you got the ducks you have wanted for so long. I am even more glad that those ducks now belong to you, they really have found their forever home.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
M R Ducks
M R not ducks
O S A R C M wings and C D E D B D feet?

L I B, M R ducks!!! :D

@Nyboy I would expect that to heal up quickly. Like any other wound, keep it as clean as you can and watch for infection. I wonder if you can add something to that bucket water and soak it once or twice a day till it's all healed up?
So happy for you to FINALLY have them. Are you planning to let them hatch eggs?

Latest posts