my indoor garden

ninny

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
So all you need to grow indoors is a grow light and some seeds? I don't have any southern facing windows but i do have a very large kitchen counter that i could put some things on.

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I would think with enough light and enough heat anything should grow OK indoors. Just remember you will have to be the one to pollinate everything. Tiny paintbrushes for the cucumbers and just a little stimulation of the bloom from you for the tomato plants (battery-operated toothbrushes work well for this). Tomato blooms are "perfect" in that both male and female parts are contained within the same bloom so there is no need to go bloom to bloom with a paintbrush. But cucumbers have male flowers and female flowers so you would need to go from one flower to the next to distribute pollen.....

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, your indoor garden looks really neat! Are you able to actually harvest any fruits? Is your electric bill really high?? I fantasize about growing food indoors, but it seems like it would be expensive...I have only used grow lights for a short period to start seedlings. Enjoy your beautiful plants!

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have a coffee plant and wonder if I should put it under light? I have alway thought they liked shade but it is not doing anything so maybe move it near the light?

pax12

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
im going to get fruit in the summer, the plants are still too young right now

my electric bill isnt high so its cheap to grow this

mener6896

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
so far, everything seems to be growing okay except my parsley. They may have been bad seeds. I kind of cheated when I saw a small parsley plant at the store. I took it home and stuck it in my pot. My basil is doing okay, tomato is maybe 2" tall, and cucumber is doing okay. Romaine is doing well too. Next year, I may start them earlier so I can get an earlier harvest :D

Latest posts