my new cud chewing beauty queen

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
:D I've confirmed that I have PLENTY of available vaca.
I've told him several times that my cow is due to calve in early Dec. (which gets me either a look like this :sick or this :idunno)
I've told him several times that I don't know exactly when she might go into labor and that I might need time off with almost no warning. (which gets me a look like this :confused:)
I've alerted the woman who covers for me in the scale that she might be getting a call or text - even as late as 30mins before shift - saying that I can't come in. (her response is usually more like :clap because she'll get out of the dump truck for a day)
Last week I told him that I might just skip the 'buying back vaca time' thing this year and use it all up. Which would mean that I'm taking all but the last few days of Dec off. (That got me a look like :somad:ranto_O)

Meanwhile, Eva Love is still just like
4869[1].gif
and
cow[1].gif

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have to ask, how did you train her to stand on her hind legs and wave. Impressive.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lots of treats, a ladder and a ton of patience.
gigglesmile[1].gif

It's going to make milking a LOT easier too.

Last edited:

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Is it getting that close? Then she's getting nervous too. They can wait for a while, we've had horse, goat and cow wait until one of us is there, lay down and push. If it's night she'll yell for you to come out, the girls set up a baby monitor, and we run out to help. You will have a box ready with a roll of paper towels, latex gloves, betadine in nice to have, warm water in nice to have for her to drink, they sometimes like that, Green soap and warm, in some cases is good to have right there, not much a milk jug full is good even if you don't use it, you'll want to wash her tail and back side a bit with mild green soap and warm water, you know, for flies and such. Gloves as I mentioned, we've had the girls reach in and steer smaller animals out. A trash bag for paper towels and gloves and other disposables. You've already planned for a camera.

She'll see you are prepared, that'll make her feel safe.

Latest posts