my new cud chewing beauty queen

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I won't scare you and suggest a rope, Debbie.

Just do your exercises and realize that if you pull on that calf with your hand there's just about no way that you will hurt Eva. She is 1,000#.

You can check on where that calf's nose is. If it isn't lined up, you'd better call the vet. At least 1 foot should present itself for you to hold onto. And, pull.

You may not need to, at all; if she makes steady progress. Be strong and if required, pull until you really can't pull any harder. Have your phone, call the vet.

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
:D I've confirmed that I have PLENTY of available vaca.
I've told him several times that my cow is due to calve in early Dec. (which gets me either a look like this :sick or this :idunno)
I've told him several times that I don't know exactly when she might go into labor and that I might need time off with almost no warning. (which gets me a look like this :confused:)
I've alerted the woman who covers for me in the scale that she might be getting a call or text - even as late as 30mins before shift - saying that I can't come in. (her response is usually more like :clap because she'll get out of the dump truck for a day)
Last week I told him that I might just skip the 'buying back vaca time' thing this year and use it all up. Which would mean that I'm taking all but the last few days of Dec off. (That got me a look like :somad:ranto_O)

Meanwhile, Eva Love is still just like View attachment 17268 and View attachment 17269

It took me to the end of the post to realize that you said vaca as an abbreviation for vacation. It threw me for a minute as VACA is Spanish for cow.

I've confirmed that I have PLENTY of available COW.

Well naturally you have plenty of available COW. And you're about to have more COW.

Last week I told him that I might just skip the 'buying back COW time' thing this year and use it all up.

Buy back "COW TIME"? ok, this is where I began to get a glimmer......after I read it a couple more times....

VACA=COW :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
It took me to the end of the post to realize that you said vaca as an abbreviation for vacation. It threw me for a minute as VACA is Spanish for cow.

Well naturally you have plenty of available COW. And you're about to have more COW.

Last week I told him that I might just skip the 'buying back COW time' thing this year and use it all up.

Buy back "COW TIME"? ok, this is where I began to get a glimmer......after I read it a couple more times....

It's okay Bay. We realize you're a Texan...:hugs

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ohmygosh @baymule that is so funny!!!!!
25r30wi[1].gif

Thank you @valley ranch. I'm getting my 'kit' together. This weekend is going to be stripping her stall down and getting fresh, clean bedding in there. Although, she is just as likely to want to go off in the trees instead.
It's sort of a blind leading the blind kind of thing since neither of us has done this before. I'm planning to follow her lead and stay nearby but out of the way unless he looks like she's in trouble.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks @Nyboy . I think that they are often used for edema in the udder. I'll have to check and see about benefits during labor. I can get it by the pound in 'chopped leaf' form - which she will probably eat much easier than pills.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score

I California, just a stones throw over the Bay where NinnyMary has her abode, there is a burg names Vacaville. Best known for the tree farm tourist trap and during the harvest season ... as one drives on the highway past the burg... the wondrous odor and tear shedding ONION processing . :\

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
So how is the Spanish 'vaca' pronounced? I see it and hear 'Vay-Kay'
(might be a cool calf name)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
In Spanish, E has the long A sound, ( Jesus is hay-sus) I has the long E ( si is yes)sound, U has the long oo sound, (sus would be soos) and A has the short a sound so vaca would rhyme with "Rah-rah, go vaca go!"

Latest posts