my new cud chewing beauty queen

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, I speak spanish and even I didn't think of vaca. :D Maybe I think in english more, haha.

Mary

I wondered how you missed that. I don't speak Spanish, but I know enough words, I guess just by living here and trying to communicate with people of limited English skills.

In Spanish, E has the long A sound, ( Jesus is hay-sus) I has the long E ( si is yes)sound, U has the long oo sound, (sus would be soos) and A has the short a sound so vaca would rhyme with "Rah-rah, go vaca go!"

You got the sound right!

@canesisters naming your calf Vaca makes perfect sense to me. Here, it would be like naming your dog, Dog or naming your horse, Horse. But where you live, it will give your calf that mysterious, exotic sound to it's name. LOL

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
... so ... phonetically.. it would sound like... VahKah??? With the 'ah' like "stick out your tongue and say ahh"?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
sSig_rofl.gif

Good One!!!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
... so ... phonetically.. it would sound like... VahKah??? With the 'ah' like "stick out your tongue and say ahh"?

Yep.

Bay, over here everyone writes vaca on FB when they mean vacation. So, I guess that's where I get it from.

Mary

There's no Vay-Kay in Vah-Kah!!! :lol:

I guess this is why cowboys are sometimes called vaqueros. :)

Funny. :lol:

....because they take vaquations.

Funnier! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Keeping Eva in at night now so that she is comfortable with it by the time she goes into labor.
I go out about 9pm, and again about 11pm to check on her and feed her a couple ginger snaps.

2.1.16stall.jpg

She was unhappy the first night. Now (calf watch night #5) she goes to the back gate and rattles it until the other cows come up to see what's going on... then she goes over to her warm, dry stall and eats hay looking over her shoulder at them as if she's saying "See how special I am???"

12.4.16.JPG

Spoiled rotten little princess :love

Latest posts