My New Greenhouse

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Now if you tell me this is your 'house-keeper' I might have to blow your cover!

jeannie.jpg

:lol:

Oh wait, look, they are rioting in the streets! Poor maids should form a Union! :gig

i-dream-of-jeannie-bay-to-breakers.jpg

ShowMe31

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I have been looking at this exact same greenhouse since last fall. Now that my hubby is going back to work I'm about ready to buy but I'm interested to know how it held up durring some of the crazy winds that we got this winter.

Wow, at that price. It's been online for $800. Hopefully when I'm ready to write that check I can get that good of a deal.

Smiles
Jul

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
ShowMe
I was kinda disappointed in the way it DIDN'T hold up in those winds. A few of the panels blew out, luckily non were damaged.

I believe the problem was caused by the doors coming open and allowing the wind to enter the inside of the structure.

As I was installing the panels it seemed to me that they didn't have enough clips alloted for each one. After this deal I called the customer service number listed in the directions and ordered another package of clips, I think there are 130 clips in the pkg that cost about $15.00 with shipping.

There was not any provision for locking the doors closed so I installed same.

Bring on the wind. Actually since I secured the doors closed we have had a couple of high wind days, but no more problems.

I purchased this at a Horrible Freight store in St Louis when it was on sale and I used a 20% off coupon to get that price.

The 20% coupons are in a bunch of different magazines, most car mags, Hot Rod ect., I think AARP has had them and the Smithsonian mag.

I was also lucky to find 3 more of the bench and shelf kits on close out.

Over all I am still very happy with this kit.

Oh, and by the way, the wind did not hurt the structure in any way.

THANX RICH

ShowMe31

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on the clips. I think I will keep dreaming about this unit and order clips before we begin construction. I was planning on putting it in a somewhat wind protected spot (if I don't get spot vetoed from hubby), so that should help. I would love to have mine placed like yours for convience, that a nice setup.

Now I'll have to be on the lookout for those coupons. If I could get one of those then I would be able to get the shelving vs making my own.

My FIL would die to hear you call that Horrible Freight. That's his all time favorite store. He could (and has) wandered around there for hours.

I'm officially counting the minutes until I can get a GH put up and filled with lots of veggie and flower flats

ShowMe31

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Well I finally did it. The HF catalog came out with this greenhouse listed for 599.99 and with the 20% coupon I scored big time. The construction is almost complete, can't be soon enough for me. We have panel installation and then the flats I have on the bathroom floor (it's heated) can head out. I'm just sooooo excited to finally have a greenhouse, only 15 years of dreaming.

Next paycheck project, more raised beds. My poor hubby just can't seem to catch a gardening break. LOL!

Smiles
Jul

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That's great!!!
I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.
I probably have over 500 plants started in there right now, everything from tomatoes to elephant ears.
Last Sat. I went by the local produce stand to pick up some strawberries to eat. I noticed they had some plants in, both flowering and veg. I took a look around and found some strawberry plants. They already had blooms on some of them. I bought a tray of 18 plants and set them in the greenhouse, today the have set berries, some as large as my thumb nail.
I already have 2 large containers in which I planted 10 strawberry crowns that have taken and are leafing out. I had planned on leaving them in the greenhouse and seeing how they produce. Now I may have to move in a couple of more containers and plant the newcomers in them.
Enjoy your new greenhouse I know it will be a great addition to your gardening experience.

THANX RICH

Latest posts