n95 dust masks

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I do NOT regret leaving the full time work force. Left the stresses behind. Now I’ve been blessed very greatly as I work when I want in a field that I know (& think I understand) and get paid for it. Now, no goals, very few complaints, as I get to work with past friends, train a young man and give everyone crap. Perfect. Edit the word “crap” to words of wisdom........

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
My husband went cold turkey with retirement almost 2 years ago. He didn't have any trouble transitioning. I guess it depends on the person. He is more busy now than ever. So many projects around house and cars. He also goes golfing almost weekly with his buddies.

Mary

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
My husband went cold turkey with retirement almost 2 years ago. He didn't have any trouble transitioning. I guess it depends on the person. He is more busy now than ever. So many projects around house and cars. He also goes golfing almost weekly with his buddies.

Mary
Very happy for him. Spring, summer, fall, no problems. Winter months, very boring. Guess I need to heat work shed. Put in wood burner, that would make some jobs for me plus place to hide away in winter.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Very happy for him. Spring, summer, fall, no problems. Winter months, very boring. Guess I need to heat work shed. Put in wood burner, that would make some jobs for me plus place to hide away in winter.
Yeah I didn't think about your winters. We have mild ones so no problem continuing doing what we do. He also rides his bike every couple of days for an hour including in winter.

Mary

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Spokesperson for a chain of stores specializing in the sale of tobacco products and liquor: 'Due to the current situation and until further notice, all walk-in traffic at (the stores) is prohibited. All locations will now serve any customers through the convenience of our drive-thru windows. After all, your health remains our utmost concern and responsibility.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Spokesperson for a chain of stores specializing in the sale of tobacco products and liquor: 'Due to the current situation and until further notice, all walk-in traffic at (the stores) is prohibited. All locations will now serve any customers through the convenience of our drive-thru windows. After all, your health remains our utmost concern and responsibility.
Now that is funny......sells tobacco products but concerned about their customers health....

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
the last couple days north carolina has seen a increase of corona cases, my county has 8 cases and now the county/city where i work has it's 1st case.

been watching how state by state is ordering "shelter in place"the way things are going here i believe that nc will soon be doing that...

since dw is diabetic im glad she is working from home....

stay safe everyone

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
The New Orleans area is one of the hot spots. We just had Mardi Gras, people from all over the world packed together to watch parades and party. How could we not be? At least the state and city governments are taking it seriously. It got into a nursing home, not good. There have been deaths but not sure how many were actually due to the virus. They are not going to use a test kit on someone that is already dead.

My parish just had its first confirmed case. Not death, case. So parish officials say they will contain it, they are going to do testing. They have 11 test kits to cover over 23,000 population. Eleven. That's why I don't have much faith that they have a handle on how many people have it, not enough test kits.

I went out yesterday to replenish certain groceries, first time in close to a week. We are not stockpiling anything beyond what we'll need for a week. The only things I could not find on my list was individually sliced cheese an a loaf of bread. Of course I was not looking for cleaning supplies, cold or flu medicines like tylenol, or toilet paper. Before this started we'd just bought a big pack of tp. We have enough to last a long time.

Yeah, take reasonable precautions, especially considering the vulnerability of your wife. Maybe even some unreasonable precautions. Good luck!

Latest posts