n95 dust masks

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
My Daddy said they kept a bucket of corn cobs in the outhouse. First you used a red corn cob, then a white corn cob, to see if you needed to use another red corn cob.

My grandmother kept a bundle of corn cobs hanging in the bathroom with a sign that said, FOR COMPANY USE ONLY.

i really have never heard before of using corncobs for buttwipes before until this past year. up until then it had always been hearing about catalogues, rags and newspapers. has anyone here actually used corncobs? i think i'd use my hand before using a corncob.

now, getting on to a related topic, perhaps we do have a new potential green product here if we can breed and market a softer corn cob than those i've ever been around. most of what i see here get a bit chewed up by the harvesting combines so they're not at all useful unless you have a very tiny heiny.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I knew that spreading patch of mullein in the back yard would come in handy some day... its not just for bird seed any more.

Edit: Wow, I forgot that mullein also has respiratory benefits. Maybe should be a "must grow" this year?

Last edited:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I knew that spreading patch of mullein in the back yard would come in handy some day... its not just for bird seed any more.

Edit: Wow, I forgot that mullein also has respiratory benefits. Maybe should be a "must grow" this year?

We have entire fields of it when trees get clearcut. That could be Idahos next big cash crop. Forget potatoes!

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
has anyone here actually used corncobs?

Yes. I'm serious about this. One year the Sears & Roebuck catalog ran out and we used corn cobs for a few days until Mom decided she did not need the current Sears & Roebuck catalog. Did not take her that long to decide.

Yes, I'm that old. Yes we were that poor when I was growing up, did not get running water in the house until after I graduated high school. Were the corncobs pleasant? Not really. Were they as bad as you'd think? Not really but they were not pleasant. The catalog pages were better.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes. I'm serious about this. One year the Sears & Roebuck catalog ran out and we used corn cobs for a few days until Mom decided she did not need the current Sears & Roebuck catalog. Did not take her that long to decide.
OK, I hope this isn't on youtube...
What? this is real??? :ep

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here schools are out for 3-5 weeks. Who is going to baby sit them? Who is going to feed them? After all too many baby makers can’t be expected to own their responsibilities. In dark ages, Kings had to approve people having kids. With the stupid gene in full out force, we may need to go back to those days. People won’t work, if they do work, spend all their money on crap but make babies that they wont support.

Latest posts