n95 dust masks

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I listened to the president and I think it is just very strange. The whole world has lost around 40,000 over all these weeks and in the next TWO weeks the UNITED STATES ONLY is going to lose up to TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND???? This sounds insane. I have been really pretty calm through all this and was going to the store once a week and now, after listening to the president's speech today, I am getting very worried to say the least.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our politician and government workers are using “new” math. How do you know they are lying? Look at the reality of the situation, drown out the hysteria, you will see what is really happening......

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

it is a very interesting read. note the part that says:

"**Influenza testing across the United States may be higher than normal at this time of year because of the COVID-19 pandemic. These estimates may partly reflect increases in testing in recent weeks and may be adjusted downward once the season is complete and final data for the 2019/20 season are available."

but there is a lot of other interesting information on that page. like saying that the flu is not a reportable disease in some locations.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our politician and government workers are using “new” math. How do you know they are lying? Look at the reality of the situation, drown out the hysteria, you will see what is really happening......

"new math"? lying? the cases and confirmed deaths here in MI are vetted by coroners reports and medical professionals.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
So anyone, document some “facts” and not opinions. 59,000 deaths to flu, cold, etc this year are fact. 3500+ dead in USA is fact. 200,000 will die, is theory. World wide-40,000 dead fact. Do NOT call me a name with NO FACTS to back up your position. Too much hysteria that does not look at facts are being employed. Do NOT go to that a person should not take reasonable precautions-that is also stupid.

I agree that facts and reason are not be used.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
How many deaths? What will stop virus until everyone is affected and develops antibodies against it?

Here we’ve had 1 in county but that is misleading as sick that need hospital care are taken to Fort Wayne where they are recorded.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
How many deaths? What will stop virus until everyone is affected and develops antibodies against it?

Here we’ve had 1 in county but that is misleading as sick that need hospital care are taken to Fort Wayne where they are recorded.

various things can happen to stop it. like if you had all the out and about people who caught it and then recovered from it, but then they didn't pass it along to anyone else. then there would be no more new cases.

that is what is trying to be attempted with the current shelter in place and other restrictions. trying to get all those who are carriers to get through it and then keep anyone else from getting infected. also to make it possible for the health care system to keep up.

otherwise, it will take a larger percentage of the population to have immunity via exposure (there is no other current way to get immunity) and that means risking thousands of deaths in the process.

Latest posts