Nawthern vs Southern

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I do not believe I ever mentioned that even though I was born in Montgomery, I grew up in Alaska. My brother was born in Wrangel. I spent formative years in a village called Bethel. It was cold enough to freeze my grits. And no trees. I love trees, and so I left.

And..The cremation of Sam Mcgee is a famous poem about a cold southerner.
Well, I would have no knowledge of poetry-famous or not-as I’m not cultured. Did enjoy it though.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seedcorn has a friend! Congratulations to you both! @seedcorn never had a friend before.... BWAHAHAHA
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

(To the newbies, Turn on your sarcasm meter when reading posts between pea pickers and Nawtherners. If your sarcasm meter isn’t workin*, just type “WHAT?”.)

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
@MinnesotaGardening @seedcorn and all other knuckle dragging northern neanderthals, answer me this.
if your saying wintertime is so wonderful up north when everything freezes over, temperatures is in the minus temps for 6 months out of the year if you go outside you have to put on polar suits to stay warm while trying to keep up with clearing your driveway of snow....

why every October there's a mass migration of y'all coming south in land yachts filling up every rv and campground from north Carolina to the gulf coast for the winter months.....????????

just so you know i used small words for you to understand, if you still have a hard time reading them here's a link to a dictionary....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
all in fun......

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I would have no knowledge of poetry-famous or not-as I’m not cultured. Did enjoy it though.

Seed I can recognize a plaintive cry for more photos just you can see what you are missing. I hate for you to have to rely on your imagination, So I took this for you a few minutes ago. It's parsley. After lunch I plan to fill my dehydrator with this. It's a bright sunny day in the mid-70's so I'll be sure to stay in the shade as I'm cleaning it to avoid sunburn. I pick it off leaf by leaf to avoid stems, takes a while. It's too warm out there for long sleeves so sunburn is a danger.

Parsley.jpg

I probably should mention one reason I'm doing this today is that we are forecast to have a low of 34 F in a few days. I want to get this before frost hits it. Not sure how parsley does in a light frost.

Last edited:

MinnesotaGardening

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
@MinnesotaGardening @seedcorn and all other knuckle dragging northern neanderthals, answer me this.
if your saying wintertime is so wonderful up north when everything freezes over, temperatures is in the minus temps for 6 months out of the year if you go outside you have to put on polar suits to stay warm while trying to keep up with clearing your driveway of snow....

why every October there's a mass migration of y'all coming south in land yachts filling up every rv and campground from north Carolina to the gulf coast for the winter months.....????????

just so you know i used small words for you to understand, if you still have a hard time reading them here's a link to a dictionary....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
all in fun......
We send the older ones out to be ambassadors of "Minnesota Nice" to spread it across the south! They've had the most practice after all. And all those years of adventure and excitement can take a lot out of the body, we don't want anyone to break a hip. :old

And thanks for the dictionary link, but I have one for you too:
https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/most-educated-states-in-america-2019

(Also all in fun! :D )

MinnesotaGardening

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Seed I can recognize a plaintive cry for more photos just you can see what you are missing. I hate for you to have to rely on your imagination, So I took this for you a few minutes ago. It's parsley. After lunch I plan to fill my dehydrator with this. It's a bright sunny day in the mid-70's so I'll be sure to stay in the shade as I'm cleaning it to avoid sunburn. I pick it off leaf by leaf to avoid stems, takes a while. It' too warm out there for long sleeves so sunburn is a danger.

View attachment 34104

I probably should mention one reason I'm doing this today is that we are forecast to have a low of 34 F in a few days. I want to get this before frost hits it. Not sure how parsley does in a light frost.
Your parsley should be fine. Mine was good until it got down into the 20s. Back in October. :rolleyes:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seed I can recognize a plaintive cry for more photos just you can see what you are missing. I hate for you to have to rely on your imagination, So I took this for you a few minutes ago. It's parsley. After lunch I plan to fill my dehydrator with this. It's a bright sunny day in the mid-70's so I'll be sure to stay in the shade as I'm cleaning it to avoid sunburn. I pick it off leaf by leaf to avoid stems, takes a while. It's too warm out there for long sleeves so sunburn is a danger.

View attachment 34104

Parsley? Really? Isn’t that a cousin of Kale that they put on your plate for culture? Now I’d be doing cilantro for everything....

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
You might think you see blowing snow when you look out my window at midday today, but really it is increased privacy from the neighbors, decreased risk of UV radiation, winter moisture, and hassle-free mulch, all in one! View attachment 34105
hummm i see isolation any more snow and i dont blame them for leaving... starting to look like a donner party situation......

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
We send the older ones out to be ambassadors of "Minnesota Nice" to spread it across the south! They've had the most practice after all. And all those years of adventure and excitement can take a lot out of the body, we don't want anyone to break a hip. :old

And thanks for the dictionary link, but I have one for you too:
https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/most-educated-states-in-america-2019

(Also all in fun! :D )

let's go for this instead:

;)

Latest posts