Neat yard art

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like these sorts of things ... but I have none in my yard.

Not even an alligator rising out of a flower bed. No gnome or fairy's home ... must be something wrong with me ...

Steve
whimsy-deficient

Sounds almost like a challenge... seems that Steve is in NEED of some garden whimsey.......

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Actually, they are still sitting in a basket on my counter next to some butternuts. I'm holding off (hopefully till next weekend) for a dear friend to be able to come over. We had planned to meet up just before Christmas but she came down with that nasty sinus jusk that's been going around. I can't WAIT to try it! Roasted butternut squashes, pear & chestnut soup, home made bread, and cranberry/orange tea.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ha! @Nyboy .

I'm not @canesisters but I was just talking to DW yesterday about the d'Anjou pears on the kitchen table and the jar of cashews on the counter ... I got an "eeww!" suggesting that we might try soup :).

Steve
having looked @TheSeedObsesser 's "rock concert" on the garden humor thread and intending to check varieties of exterior paint around here ... :)

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I can just see it now. Steve's walkway with a red wagon, million bells pouring out of it on all sides. The wagon is being pulled by a garden gnome trying not to step on a small cluster of bowling ball bumble bees & a family of flat rocks painted up as lady bugs.

That's next to the watering can and work boots with hen & chicks growing all over them and a gazing ball that's been bedazzled.

When we turn the corner we see Steve watering a well worn chair that has a cluster of red geraniums for a seat.

Can you tell I like "garden junk"? :D

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can just see it now. Steve's walkway with a red wagon, million bells pouring out of it on all sides. The wagon is being pulled by a garden gnome trying not to step on a small cluster of bowling ball bumble bees & a family of flat rocks painted up as lady bugs.

That's next to the watering can and work boots with hen & chicks growing all over them and a gazing ball that's been bedazzled.

When we turn the corner we see Steve watering a well worn chair that has a cluster of red geraniums for a seat.

Can you tell I like "garden junk"? :D
Me Too ! :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think you should accessorize that brick with a muscular arm emerging from the soil with the brick clutched in it's hand. You could tell visitors it's "art" with deep social significance. :D

I would be afraid that muscular arm would throw the brick at me. :lol:

@baymule take care of that brick you never know just might show up out of the blue... :hugs

That brick is my prized possession!! :gig