Need someone reliable to buy hierloom seeds

old fashioned

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
One note of caution......ya better make it quick no matter who or where you get your seed. Seed companies are selling out fast. I ordered a ton from Baker Creek in mid February and got most of what I ordered (they were out of Stuttgarter onion seed). But I checked again online the other day and they are out of alot more stuff already and I'm glad I got my order in when I did.
Even in the local nursery & garden centers stuff is going like hotcakes!

warmfuzzies

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Wind Notes & Butterflies said:
I highly Recommend Bakers Creek Heirloom seeds They have super customer service and loads of seed variety's.
I ordered from them 3 years in a row and the seeds I got all sprouted and produce superbly.

Here is the link to their site http://rareseeds.com/
:thumbsup yes, they are great. They had very great customer service, and out of the tomatoes I planted last week, so far I am getting about 90% germination.

I would not recommend Pinetree seeds. I ordered from them and they had aweful germination. I know it was their seeds because all of the store bought seeds I had in the same flats did great.

Ariel301

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I ordered an heirloom seed package from Heirloom Acres last year, and they've got some decent stuff. I wasn't impressed last year with the germination rate, but this year I noticed that I'm not getting a better germination rate from any other brand, so I think the problem has been with me, not the seed. They have individual packets or also "kits" on their website. I did have some minor issues with shipping, there was a mixup and my order did not get processed right so it took almost a month to get my order, but I doubt that is a regular problem.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like Swallowtail Seeds (great prices) and Baker Creek . Both have abundant variety. Baker's Creek has a full color catalog that will make you drooooooool! :drool

ETA: Just noticed I commented on this post a long time ago. I am such a spaz today! :rolleyes:

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am a huge Baker Creek fan. I also like Seed Savers Exchange but Baker Creek usually wins my money cause their catelogue is just gorgeious.

NurseNettie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
More votes for:

Seed Saver Exchange
Baker Creek

Also Johnny's seeds has a lot of them.

countrywife said:
i have been gardening for years, but would like to try heirloom this time. Anyone have a company recommendation?

Thanks- I hate picking a company on the internet that I have no idea is reputable or not.

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I reckon that I'm the oddball, here. LOL

I, actually, have had VERY good luck ordering heirloom seeds from suppliers who sell on ebay. The prices and shipping charges are MUCH cheaper AND, usually, you get more seeds.

hypnofrogstevie

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
boggybranch said:
I reckon that I'm the oddball, here. LOL

I, actually, have had VERY good luck ordering heirloom seeds from suppliers who sell on ebay. The prices and shipping charges are MUCH cheaper AND, usually, you get more seeds.
I put ebay to. Groco (ebay seller) Has some awesome seeds for sale and I always have great germination rates

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I too will be a odd man out..
I get my Heritage tomato and pepper seeds from Stoke Seed Co.
They only have have around 9 Heritage Tomato but there good ones and they have some older Bell pepper seed like Bell Boy, California Wonder, and Jupiter..

Chris

Latest posts