Need suggestions

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
@catjac1975

ooh, cucumber soup of any kind cold reminds me of that tzatziki type sauce recipe which is used for gyros. if you like cold soups for summer and also like yogurts this can be adapted to just a cold soup or even a cold drink IMO. yum...

basically take cucumbers and yogurt, garlic, mint, olive oil, lemon juice and whatever else sounds good and blend 'em all up. adjust all to taste (i rarely measure things these days). chilled for a little while does improve flavors.
I serve it warm. I do love shrimp gazpacho cold. May daughter makes watermelon gazpacho cold-to die for.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I tried that grilled cheese "hack" that was mentioned on some thread or other ...

It was to use mayo on both sides of the bread so that the sandwich is fried in mayonnaise ...

It was good! Both DW and I liked it - it wasn't outrageously different, there was no problem on the grill using the mayonnaise instead of butter, margarine or oil. It cooked up just fine and ... was somewhat of a simpler flavor package, ya know. But, that was okay. I'm gonna try it several more times before I commit to it as a preferred technique because ... I'm that way ;).

Steve
yes, often puts a tomato slice in the grilled cheese

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i like the combination of sweet pickles, dill pickles, onions and green olives in with tuna when we have it. every bite can be a different combination.

Latest posts