Need suggestions

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
I suggest Amon or Taz Kebob, something like Beekissed mentioned~ I suggested that the veggies be cooked a good Olive Oil and well~we like them a bit over cooked~many people would say over cooked so that there are dark places on the: Onion, tomato, Bellpepper~no larger than one inch kebob squares, while these are cooking~I would sprinkle Dry Na Na (the wrinkled mint) Black pepper, garlic```Don't push the veggies around too much~turn them over when needed~walk to another job~than come back to tend them```

Put this on the plates next to the Rice Pilaf( the Pilaf should sit in the pot for maybe 20 min with the lid on before putting on the plate) so that the juices run into the pilaf~ even though you have the Pilaf on the plate~I'd have a good bread~sour dough maybe~ a little salad with some parsley in it~with a good cheese and olives on the table also~ an~well and ounce of wine~ a good wine~even for the small people at the table```Thank the Lord for providing and it's OK to moan with approval when savoring a wonderful taste```

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’m going shopping later and I need a meatless Monday idea for supper and a few other days here and there. I’m already making a soup i got off the thread nyboy started. And we’re having tomato soup on the other meatless Monday(we plan two weeks at a time).
A little off season for this but cucumber soup is wonderful if you like subtle flavors. It does require chicken stock so I guess that would not quality.

ChickenMomma91

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Its Tue what did you make for dinner last night?
DH brought me tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. next week is the root veg soup that I snagged off the winter soup thread. I'll be using all of these recipes I'm getting throughout the month! You guys are awesome.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
A little off season for this but cucumber soup is wonderful if you like subtle flavors. It does require chicken stock so I guess that would not quality.

Cucumber soup~cold cucumber soup in Mozoon (yougurt) with garlic~Moma feeding me with a spoon~saying "kurt kurt num num" kurt kurt for the sound it made as I ate it~ wonderful mama~daddy found the best mama```

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

@catjac1975

ooh, cucumber soup of any kind cold reminds me of that tzatziki type sauce recipe which is used for gyros. if you like cold soups for summer and also like yogurts this can be adapted to just a cold soup or even a cold drink IMO. yum...

basically take cucumbers and yogurt, garlic, mint, olive oil, lemon juice and whatever else sounds good and blend 'em all up. adjust all to taste (i rarely measure things these days). chilled for a little while does improve flavors.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
And Bread~Bread is good for you a good bread```
IMG_0610.JPG

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think you can delete any post you don't want. :D
We're on satellite internet. Sometimes it grinds almost to a stand still. On that particular day it was slower than molasses on a winter day. I tried to delete those posts, but the circle of doom never connected so I gave up.

Latest posts