Need suggestions

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
What about a cheese pizza topped with an arugula salad? The arugula cuts all the richness of the cheeze. It's just arugula with olive oil and vinegar, salt and pepper. Shave or grate some parmesan on top of it.

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Corn chowder:
Veggie broth
1 potato in small cubes ( mine cut into 1/4 inch cubes )
boiled in veggie broth
pint creamed corn
pint whole corn
salt, pepper, etc. added to taste ( I add dehydrated onion to potato while it's cooking )
half-cup milk added just before serving
Opt. A bit of cheese on top is also good

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Nothing special, leftover meatloaf and diced onion sandwiches with a few potato chips. Hubby had catsup on his, hot mustard on mine. Dessert, strawberry cheesecake..
Tonight it's either curry or swiss steak, haven't made my mind up.
Scratch those two hubby asked for over baked barbecued spareribs, baked potatoes and asparagus. Dessert, our neighbor gave us a bowl of her home made jellied fruit salad, apple, pineapple, cherries and other fruits that's not coming to mind at the moment The jellied part was made with her own pressed grape juice. It's absolutely :drool worthy.

Annette

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’m going shopping later and I need a meatless Monday idea for supper and a few other days here and there. I’m already making a soup i got off the thread nyboy started. And we’re having tomato soup on the other meatless Monday(we plan two weeks at a time).

bean burritoes which can be dressed up however anyone likes them... cheese, onions, sour cream (or we use whole milk yogurt which is a little lighter), green onions, green garlic, salsa, ...

we make blonde bean burritoes using lima beans too.

we actually cook up a big pot of beans once in a while and then drain and freeze them in quart jars. then later when we want them they can be used.

refried style beans are also good to have on hand for extra filler (i've used them on pizza crust instead of tomato sauce, i also have made pizza crust more like corn bread so that it is like a whole new version of a yummy thing).

Latest posts