New Arrivals!

StonyGarden

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
LOL yes! It wouldn't be the first time. I swear I have to change that water way too often from them kicking shavings up as high as the darn ceiling.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's like they have some phobia about clean water or something. No sooner than you can set it down than they are suddenly in NEED of a good floor scratching right next to it! :lol:

How old are they now? Happy looking little things. You keep giving them things to think about and your going to end up with chickens that can do math.

StonyGarden

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
canesisters said:
You keep giving them things to think about and your going to end up with chickens that can do math.
:yuckyuck

They are roughly 3 weeks old. I have a few that are much bigger than the others and two that are much smaller than the others so who knows exactly how old they are.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Finally got mine ordered the other day. I am hoping to get my started seeds out into the greenhouse, so I can make room for the chicks. Mother nature seems to have other ideas! Not looking forward to the dust...but I am looking forward to the cuteness!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got ten Plymouth rocks and ten Rhode Island Reds. RIR's were my first chickens and I have to say my favs. Not flighty and great layers. I love the black and white look of the Plymouth Rocks and the fact that they are so "old fashioned". We will see how they are at laying.

missourigirl11

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Good luck on raising them! They are a pain in the ....!!! :lol:
My hubby bought me a incubator for Mother's Day last year, we hatched out 23 babies a couple months ago (had 50 eggs in there). I told him I was done with them for awhile because we already have about 20 full grown chickens. Well a few weeks ago my father in law surprises me with 60 more eggs to hatch out :th So far we have hatched out 13 this go around and I just checked, there are 3 more cracking and moving ready to hatch :barnie

ENJOY!

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
DW came up with an idea that has really helped keep the water cleaner. She took a couple of 2x4's and laid them flat, then put a square of plywood down on them to make a platform. The chicks have to hop onto the platform to get a drink. It's doesn't keep all of the shavings out, but it did help a lot.

StonyGarden

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Great idea monty. Coop building has been pushed back to next weekend. The SO has agreed to help his dad build a coop over there. They bought 6 RIR and 6 bantams (1 died so 5 now) and the RIRs are HUGE!.

StonyGarden

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Here are the chickens today. They are getting really big really fast! Thank goodness the coop will be built this weekend. (didn't I say that last week?? LOL). I can't wait for this weekend I get my 'lorp roo thanks to canesisters!

Latest posts