New Huntsville Alabama member :-)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh I found one once years ago but none since. They weren't too bad, haha.

Mary

yeah, they don't sting and perhaps don't bite either, but i've not tested that out myself. :) i just pick them off the plant and quickly chop them in half. they can hold on really well!

i have not yet seen any of them showing signs of being infected with the parasitic wasp which can help control them in a wider area. i'd leave those alone if i saw them.

Michelle MCNEILL

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
We are just north of Tyler, across I-20. Would you please put your general location in your avatar? it helps us all to get a location, with the different planting zones and such. How long have you been in Alabama? My husband is 74 and didn't see running water or electricity until his family moved from Killen to Florence when he was 11 years old. LOL

Lmao that sounds like my step dad. Go go tiny towns! I've lived here close to 13 years

Tye

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm Tye. I'm new on here so go gentle.
I'm from Cornwall, 44 years old. Moved into my new place and my garden was and is in places a jungle as it's been left for years. I've slowly managed to create a veg patch and plant some flowers, I also found that I have 3 apple trees, a pear tree plum and cherry tree.
Well I look forward to chatting to you all, I will have plenty of questions as I'm a novice to this, but I love it.
Cup of tea time.
Tye x

Latest posts