New Old Truck work started

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Easily broken, easily fixed, easy $$. :)

I assume it is part of design for it to crumple on impact to take shock out of it.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Probably cheaper than therapy, however! ;)
Oh, I certainly don't discount that. With a hobby, the only costs are pay outs. All the time working on restoring the truck would be a labor of love. When I sell a basket, it is usually based more upon the cost of materials than an expected hourly wage for the time spent making it.

Somehow a "repair and restore" business wouldn't sound like a good place to purchase a classic vehicle.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had a client who was a Billionaire, one of his prized prossions was his dog. The dog had his own chauffeur/caretaker. The dog would come in every wed for grooming, the driver would wait till he was done. About 15 years ago the Billionaire built the largest private home in the country twice the size of Bill gates home, he spent over 400 million building the house. If you ever want your family's business broadcast hire a chauffeur they gossip more then maids, nannies and gardeners!!! One day the wrong collar was put on the dog, it wasn't till end of day mistake was realized. The wife called very upset her dog didn't have his collar, all the staff had gone home for the day. I said I would drop off the collar myself, they only lived about 5 miles away and I want to see this house. wife told me when I get to their gates pass the little house come down drive and pass another building on my right, keep going to I come to main house.The gate house looked like Frank Lloyd Wrights Falling Water, when I come to "the other building" it was a Mediterranean Villa set up high on a hill. The main house was miss mash of styles kind of just thrown together. I liked the villa much better, I assumed thats where the In-Laws where kept. The next Wed I asked the driver about the villa,I was surprised when he said thats the garage. His classic car collection was insured for over 50 million dollars !!!!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red thats the only way people around me will buy a classic, if someone else did the work.
To me, that would take all the fun out of having a classic. I guess I am a DIY sort of gal.

Okay. If I were a billionaire, I suppose buying classic vehicles would be more akin to purchasing works of art. I wouldn't try painting the Mona Lisa myself, I wouldn't try repairing the Last Supper, and I wouldn't try restoring a valuable piece of classic motorcar. I would keep them carefully housed for showing (off), perhaps in a Villa.

Last edited:

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
DSCF0109.JPG

Latest posts