New Old Truck work started

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
OK. I have to admit that I am jealous.
There. I said it.
I have always wanted an old truck. I have a new truck that I adore and I consider myself lucky (and spoiled;)) But there is something about those old trucks... The biggest roadblock to my ever having a great old pick up is that I am married to a Body man. 'Nuf said.
*I am happy for you, really :D*
You... spoiled !!!! :eek:

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
DSCF0127.JPG

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
# 1 would have had the wheels sent out to be be shot blasted and primed and powdercoated..
# 2 from what i can see those might be the wrong type of weights for those wheels.
# 3 after cleaning up that mount job, some good quality white shoe polish will cover up that.

love what you're doing to that old classic keep up the good work.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry, Nyboy! I've seen a few classic trucks within the past week and I agree the white walls are a must for an authentic and classy look. Either white walls aren't made like they used to be (what is) or you should have left the plastic and blueing on until they were installed. Live and learn, I guess.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep Red story of my life, live and learn. Tires had tiny sticker leave plastic on till mounted. Man who is going to do all body work and paint came this morning, I am a lot poorer today, but I knew is wasn't going to be cheap. He is picking up truck in 2 weeks and will have for a few months. Knowing my luck I get it back right be before winter.