New Old Truck work started

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wait, it that a bumble bee or a taxi? I thought we were fix'n up a classic truck. White walls are wasted on bumble bees 'n taxis.

@Nyboy, do you often go for flashy? For sure you're gonna be seen in that truck.

@Collector, what strategic parking? He simply parks as far from the entrance as possible and he has plenty of room. Granddaughter (12 yo) this morning said she can't wait until she can drive and park her Hummer (big dreamer) across three parking spaces. Now that's a sure prescription for getting keyed.
That is what I sometimes do ,park as far from entrance as possible. Other times I am in a hurry and park as close as I can, that is where I have gotten every door ding and scrape. It never pays to be in a hurry when finding a parking space.Also it seems the legal parking space size keeps getting narrower to allow more cars per parking lot.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bright yellow with black fenders and a black strip down hood and roof.
I'm a little slow but I thought you were going for original,look? This seems more like "hot rod" look?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
More proof, seedcorn, that gardeners in the Midwest are more conservative.

Hot? Yes! Rod? No. It should run like a well-kept truck. . . unless the nephew is into duel carbs, shortening the mufflers, and upping the horsepower. Please tell me that the shocks won't go up and down to music when it is fitted out to drive, @Nyboy.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here is a piece of trivia I just found out Dodge in the 1950s only called the 1/2 ton a pickup, the 3/4 and 1 ton where called express rather then pickup.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red thats a lowrider not a hot rod. Very popular on west coast. bet Mary sees a lot of them
Ahh, you are going for hot rod look? Are you going for heavy speakers that make every vehicle rattle when you pull near?

So hot rod paint job, old man tires? Quite a combination that my daughter would love.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seedcorn, look at it this way. Not only will Nyboy get into conversations with old fogies (I remember my first truck was. . . ), and collectors (Is that 55 Dodge original materials?), but children (Can I ride in the bumble bee truck?), Tweeners (That's a cool looking truck.), bikers (Ya gotta be kidding, Man!), women (Oh, how cute!), police (The suspect is in the van behind a vivid yellow truck. No one could identify the vehicle because they were all looking at the truck. Check it out. It could be a diversion.). Hum-m-m. Who did I leave out? Anyway, he'll be making all sorts of new friends once he takes to the street.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Smart Red So are you saying he could go to jail until he proves he's not part of the get away gang?

Really hate to see @Nyboy go to jail.....:frow

Latest posts