new yorker tomato

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule According to @aftermidnight, you will win now. Last shal be first. I could kill mine & start over but I’m out of seed. So will go with ones that came up.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I killed mine. I killed a lot of what I planted, it has been screwy around here. I will replant next week and hope that our killer heat doesn't wipe them out before they bear fruit. @seedcorn it looks like you stand a better chance than I do!

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, as of today the New Yorkers have set more and larger fruit than any other variety I have planted, and that includes the greenhouse, but it is early yet. They must like this New York weather. ;)

nyt.jpg

Titan Farm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, About how long did it take your New Yorker to go from germination to bud? I as only because when I went out to check on my tomatoes (none are New Yorker or what I would call a early tomato) I was surprised to see bud clusters on them.

The tomatoes are JTD, Marglobe, Campbell 1327 and I believe a Rutgers Ramapo, all are right around 40 to 44 day out of the ground so even though the plants are decent size I believe I'm going to pinch the buds off and let them get a little larger in size.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, About how long did it take your New Yorker to go from germination to bud? I as only because when I went out to check on my tomatoes (none are New Yorker or what I would call a early tomato) I was surprised to see bud clusters on them.

The tomatoes are JTD, Marglobe, Campbell 1327 and I believe a Rutgers Ramapo, all are right around 40 to 44 day out of the ground so even though the plants are decent size I believe I'm going to pinch the buds off and let them get a little larger in size.
I started them in late March and I have a photo from April 9, 2018 when they were a few weeks old. They formed buds quite some time ago, but I do not remember the exact date.

40918.jpg

Titan Farm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
@Titan Farm The hudson Valley seed library thought enough about New Yorker to try to preserve it. I hope members who are happy with it save seeds and pass them on.

I understand, it's a good tomato and my be on my list to try next year.
I was just wondering what the average seed to blossom time was. I know the tomatoes we planted here are was ahead of time for some reason.

Latest posts