new yorker tomato

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
looks like i have Verticillium wilt on my yorkers, all the others look great....
IMG_1789.JPG

Titan Farm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
@majorcatfish
You could add some black plastic around the plant to heat up the soil and possibly kill the fungi. You can also cut off the badly affected leaves and use a selenium nutrient like Rino skin, the selenium will make stronger cell walls in the leaves and should help with the wilt.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
@majorcatfish
You could add some black plastic around the plant to heat up the soil and possibly kill the fungi. You can also cut off the badly affected leaves and use a selenium nutrient like Rino skin, the selenium will make stronger cell walls in the leaves and should help with the wilt.

have already read up , solarization of the soil is the only way to kill it, and thats not even a guarantee.... will have to spray fungicide to check it's growth on the other tomatoes..but will have to wait rain today again.......

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
My NYers are doing well, setting bloom a little but are only around 20 in. high right now. They aren't as big or sturdy as the others planted at the same time, but I don't really expect them to be due to what they are up against~big ol' indeterminate vines.

I have to keep reminding myself not to sucker the NYers. For now they look very healthy and I'm excited to see how they do down here in the middle, smack dab between the south and the north.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
My NYers are doing well, setting bloom a little but are only around 20 in. high right now. They aren't as big or sturdy as the others planted at the same time, but I don't really expect them to be due to what they are up against~big ol' indeterminate vines.

I have to keep reminding myself not to sucker the NYers. For now they look very healthy and I'm excited to see how they do down here in the middle, smack dab between the south and the north.

it is so hard for me to think of WV as being even close to north. not because i'm biased or anything, but that is such a long ways from here. :)

i hope they do well for you Bee. :)

Latest posts