No wonder some animals eat their young

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can understand all the emotional feelings, but come on steve, of all people a CONVICTED RAPIST!!!??? She is a very pretty girl.... but her choices are seriously in question here. I would rather die than put my sister, mother, daughter, whom ever at risk like that!!!!!!
She is buying on land contract.
Dew, I'm not saying an intervention isn't needed. It may take full-on rescue. Judgment can't come from afar.

I'm saying that we can't expect individuals, and especially children, to roll with the punches and all of that. Some can but we have far too many walking wounded.

It is tragic that notions about "love" get people into terrible messes. Self-respect shouldn't permit it.

Steve

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I really think he must be on probation and would not be allowed to live with children. I guy in our town went to jail for 8 years and is on probation for LIFE. He could not even watch his daughter play sports when he got out. Though different states the law varies.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Had a visit from daughter 1 this evening. She has thrown the guy out and she and her husband are going to try to reconcile along with marriage counseling. I told her I don't care if she gets divorced. I just didn't like what she did or who she who she had around my grandchildren. She knows I can carry a grudge to the grave if necessary, and if the rapist stayed in the picture, it was going to be a long lonely road for her. Dew and I were ready and willing to get CPS involved. Has she seen the light? I hope so. Only time will tell. Meanwhile daughter 2 and child are still living with me; her boy friend is living with his parents.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
:hugs It sounds like a good start. :hugs

We are told to "Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it." It is a matter of walking in faith. Sometimes it seems to take way too long for our children to find the right path again. Praying that you will hear your voice coming from your daughter's lips sooner rather than later.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
There is a glimmer of light..... I can only hope it will be the whole light at the end of the tunnel. All I can do is hope and pray she stays true to her word.
Daughter two has a job interview tomorrow morning. Again, Hope and pray she gets the job and KEEPS it.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
:hugsA good start indeed.:hugs
I hope she can stick to her decision to kick him out. Glad Daughter #2's friends is out of the house, too. :fl Hope things continue in a positive manner now.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
:hugs It sounds like a good start. :hugs

We are told to "Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it." It is a matter of walking in faith. Sometimes it seems to take way too long for our children to find the right path again. Praying that you will hear your voice coming from your daughter's lips sooner rather than later.

You can train them, but in the end it's a choice they make to do right or wrong. All you can do is make sure they know right from wrong.

Some people will reject the right way to live until they die. It's a matter of free will.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Glad to hear things seem to be moving in the right direction. Hopefully this is the first of many steps in the right direction.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Monty, sounds like you can hold off on that Bar-B-Q for awhile........ to see if they get their brains back.

Latest posts