Not Sure if True, But Interesting

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes if your close to someone you have an idea of what they are going through. I text my friend with Lupus almost on a daily basis to see how she's doing. She's honest and tells me about her symptoms. I care about her and also check to see if she is physically able to do something together. She's had a rough past 2 weeks but now is back to "her normal" so tomorrow we are going out to breakfast and a purse and jewelry sample sale. We are very excited! :weee

Mary

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom Agree. Asking how someone is, is another form of saying hello. If we were close to them, we would already know and ask about their pain.

Before anyone gets on their high moral horse, when was last time you listened to someone about their problems without you thinking (or adding to conversation) how bad you had it?
:oops: I am afraid I probably fall into that description sometimes. :confused: But like to think I can listen, sympathize and comfort.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
  • Identifying with problems ..
  • Identifying with joys ..
  • Identifying with hopes ..
Isn't there value in that? I grow a little impatient when people seem to think that they are unique in the world. Of course they are. Just like everyone else ...

Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
For me, that says a lot about someone who starts listing things wrong as a conversation opener. Now once in a while, OK, but almost every time?

I get it that sme people fight pain every day, but come on now. You think I've forgotten since last conversation that you are? Some would say, I'm unfeeling. OK. I prefer to dwell on what I enjoy and put the pain, mis fortunes behind me.

Latest posts