Not Sure if True, But Interesting

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
My sister in law not only has lupus but also crohn's and has battled both for most of her adult life. Sometimes they go into remission but not always. I don't know if it's related to either but she has had a hip replacement and has broken her ankle a couple of times. She has gained weight. It's remarkable to me how upbeat and positive she always is.

My wife has her own problems with digestive issues and arthritis. She actually has to work to keep her weight up with those digestive issues. When people tell her how great she looks and how they wish they looked like that, if they knew how much she suffers, not they don't. We both say nothing though except thank you and smile.

Sometimes really good people are given crosses to bear. All I can do toward any of you is extend hugs and wish you the best. Maybe an occasional prayer.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We kind of got off subject somewhat but as you can see some of us are dealing with health issues and have not had the need to smoke pot or ingest it in any other way. When I was on chemo there was a medication {not pot) available to me for nausea, which I seldom had to take, they called it the rescue pill :). Also they also gave me something during chemo to help prevent nausea, made you pretty sleepy tho.

Just being alive is a blessing, complaints and all, getting out in the fresh air, to feel the warmth of the morning sun on your back, birds singing, fragrance from honeysuckle, wisteria, lilacs and the many others wafting through the air makes it all worthwhile, and if you have trouble moving around, bending down and getting up, you find a way. Life is just too short to be sitting around moaning about it.

I think those that have gone through very hard times like the depression, 2nd world war, rationing and the like look at life a little differently than today's generation which have had it pretty easy, they've never been taught how to deal with failure or rejection, I was. We all fail at something and have probably been rejected at some time in our lives. The thing is they have never learned how to pick themselves up, dust themselves off and concentrate on the things they can do well. Sorry, I seemed to have got on my soapbox again :hide.

On a happier note....My handy dandy little helper made out of a replacement handle and a piece of rebar with a sharpened end.
DSCN5156.JPG
When I get wobbly on my feet or try to step between plants without trampling them into the ground, this is my little life saver. I just jab the rebar into the ground, hang on and I can do almost everything.
Need an almost invisible trellis, crazy glue and jute, works like a charm. I used this to help a Golden Hops to climb up the trunk of a tree. Crazy lady, yes I am ;).

Annette

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
To be really honest, when we ask people how they're doing, most of the time we don't want a detailed account of how they are dealing with physical or emotional pain.
We carry our burdens alone or share with a few safe close friends.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom Agree. Asking how someone is, is another form of saying hello. If we were close to them, we would already know and ask about their pain.

Before anyone gets on their high moral horse, when was last time you listened to someone about their problems without you thinking (or adding to conversation) how bad you had it?

Latest posts