Of Little Interest to the Guys Here

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Add another 58'er.;) I was 49 for many years, then my son started catching up. :rolleyes:
I have always had long hair, Mom insisted when we were kids. I cut it off only once. In 7th grade I took my babysitting money and went to the Beauty Nook, conveniently located right by the school and got a short shag (remember that!) Mom was NOT happy! I pretended I liked it, but I hated it and never did that again.

I usually keep it between mid-back to waste length. Dh trims the ends, although the last time DIL had to fix it. I guess I keep it long because it's such a hassle keeping it cut and styled. Not sure if I will color it again or go gray gracefully.

Dad is 84 and grumbles every time he comes over for a hair cut. Mom won't let him grow a pony tail. :D

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well all of you are making me feel old at 61! :old Good thing I feel 25 like Thistle.

Mary
Good thing indeed, Mary and Thistle'!

And, I'm not really olde enuf to be @journey11 's grandfather. However, that picture was taken the year I was finishing classwork at Patrick Elementary in Gold Hill Oregon ...

Steve :rolleyes:

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bee, I agree that being allowed to age is very liberating. I have found that being an "old lady" gives me an anonymity that is empowering. I can go about my business without worrying what others think of me. Certainly not getting attention from men anymore, but that grows less important with time, thankfully.
One of my favorite books is written by an old lady who encourages older people to remember that our "job" as seniors is to teach the younger generations, guide them with the wisdom we have gained, and tell the story of our family so it can be remembered by future generations.
That's something I need to work at, because in this age of texts and facebook, the important generational connections are being left by the wayside.
So don't be surprised if you see me in my pony-tailed grey hair and no make-up, on a soapbox somewhere, preaching to the crowd.....and being ignored.......

Amen, sister!!!! Power to the pony....er...tail!!!! :frow I try to pass along all the oldster stuff to my kids and now to my grandchild, as does my mother...whether it will get passed along from there, who knows?

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Haha murphysranch, I'm still older than you. I wonder if I'm older than Carol and Smart Red, hmmm....

Mary
Mary you are younger than me in every way except on the calendar! I will be 59 this Dec. My 88 year old Dad could run circles around me and trot up stairs while I limped along. :(

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I occasionally feel 25, but it doesn't last long. Usually I am glad to feel only 66. I could be so much worse off!

Latest posts