Official TEG Poll: What Are Your Plans For 2021?

What Are Your Plans For 2021?

• Buy more garden tools

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Start a garden journal

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Plant a fruit tree/s

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Improve Water Conservation

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Invite local wildlife into your garden

• Use environmentally friendly pesticides

• Start a compost pile

• Declutter my garden shed

• Other (elaborate in the comments section)

• Total voters

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We planted 20 20ft rows. It was way too much for us even with freezing, canning and giving away a bunch. It didn’t help that the back half of the patch got nearly 4ft deep. We live in an area with good weather and soil for them though. We actually mowed them about a month before frost and they came back up and started producing just in time to get killed off. I have a feeling we’ll have a lot of volunteer plants this year since we stopped picking around the 2nd week of August.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
We planted 20 20ft rows. It was way too much for us even with freezing, canning and giving away a bunch. It didn’t help that the back half of the patch got nearly 4ft deep. We live in an area with good weather and soil for them though. We actually mowed them about a month before frost and they came back up and started producing just in time to get killed off. I have a feeling we’ll have a lot of volunteer plants this year since we stopped picking around the 2nd week of August.

i'm not sure what you are speaking of here, beans, peas? :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I haven’t planted English peas yet, life has got in the way. I have planted English peas in January or February, then first of April, planted long green beans next to them, on the same trellis. By the time the green beans need the trellis, the English peas are dying back. This year I’m gonna plant English peas on the tomato trellis.
My Anatolian female is in her first heat, she gets locked in the stock trailer at night and when we’re gone. During the day, I put her in the garden. Another reason I haven’t done much in the garden yet. It’s about time for that to be over! It’s snowed, rained, had granddaughters, been sick, AAARRRGHHH

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Last year, my purple hull pea patch was 7 rows 32' long. I put plenty in our freezer, sold several bushels and gave away half dozen bushels. They produced well, fertilized by sheep and chicken compost. I also watered them a lot.

I'm looking forward to growing the purple green beans.
I love purple green beans :drool

They should just be called purple beans

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
don't want to be accused of bait and switch since when you steam them they turn green.
We know that, but the purple-hanging-on-the-vine-beans just look prettier. Plus, as I have stated, hunting for GREEN beans against a wild over growth of GREEN vines and leaves takes a lot of time. I'm really looking forward to growing the varieties of purple hulled green beans this year to see which one makes the best canning bean.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
We know that, but the purple-hanging-on-the-vine-beans just look prettier. Plus, as I have stated, hunting for GREEN beans against a wild over growth of GREEN vines and leaves takes a lot of time. I'm really looking forward to growing the varieties of purple hulled green beans this year to see which one makes the best canning bean.

remember to eat some of the ones i sent you fresh when they're young. :) or even right in the garden... i'm daydreaming about next summer already for fresh beans. :) i love my beans. :)

Latest posts