OK, so I'm a wimp...

LocoYokel

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
There will be an "admission fee" if I throw a BBQ... Everybody who comes has to take home a chunk of one of my perennials! @baymule if you were closer, one of those future piglet's could be the "guest of honor'... if I had the room to grow my own.
Got to lookin' back over this thread and noticed one of the butcher rabbits had gained a pound...:oops:. I wasn't fibbin', I had two different slips on weight. First slip was before/after harvest, second was total processed weight. I tried to debone the saddle on one of the bigger ones, won't be doin' that again.
It also appears I repeated myself, guess the self-medicating was working...:confused:.
Got most of the garden cleaned up over the weekend. What would usually have taken me a few hours took a few days. I sure hope I get back to normal soon, I miss digging in my dirt! I have compost to turn! I have pens to muck! I have a multi-level pigpen to build!...:D

LocoYokel

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My appointment with a spine surgeon is tomorrow. They have a website where you can download the paperwork and fill it out before hand, which saves you 15 minutes in the waiting room. Well... found their website and got all signed in but could not find the paperwork to print so I called the office and they had no idea, they don't use it. While I was doing all this I also turned on my printer which I haven't used in almost a year. I had to dig (!carefully!) for the bottom drawer of the file cabinet where I keep my paper, saw stuff I forgot I even had, so there went another 15 minutes. Took me another 10 minutes just to get it running right. As the printer was throwing it's temper tantrum I found the paperwork to download and print!
Then the power to the whole house went out...:he

It only blinked but that was enuff to shut 'er all down. Getting everything back to where I was at took another 10 minutes (had a phone call, added some time). OK, good to go right? NOT...no internet connection. Unplugged the modem and waited the 5 minutes they tell ya too. Thank goodness that was all it was! So a few more minutes to get back to where I had been a half an hour ago.:th

I didn't really look at the paperwork until after I had started the print job... 14, yes 14 pages! No wonder they want you there 45 minutes early! About page 6 my printer decided to have another tantrum, it decided it did not like the ink cartridge. It asked me if it was an official HP cartridge or did I buy it elsewhere, among a few other nosey questions. Had to cancel all that out every page thereafter but got 'er done. I am out of ink now, I mean really, 14 pages? I don't even know how long that all took.

Long story short: I have spent almost 2 hours to download 14 pages of paperwork, which still needs to be filled out, to save 15 minutes office time...:barnie

(I do like how offices are giving these web options, but why can't I just fill it out online, like I did for my last Dr., gonna mention that to them tomorrow!)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
My appointment with a spine surgeon is tomorrow. They have a website where you can download the paperwork and fill it out before hand, which saves you 15 minutes in the waiting room. Well... found their website and got all signed in but could not find the paperwork to print so I called the office and they had no idea, they don't use it. While I was doing all this I also turned on my printer which I haven't used in almost a year. I had to dig (!carefully!) for the bottom drawer of the file cabinet where I keep my paper, saw stuff I forgot I even had, so there went another 15 minutes. Took me another 10 minutes just to get it running right. As the printer was throwing it's temper tantrum I found the paperwork to download and print!

It only blinked but that was enuff to shut 'er all down. Getting everything back to where I was at took another 10 minutes (had a phone call, added some time). OK, good to go right? NOT...no internet connection. Unplugged the modem and waited the 5 minutes they tell ya too. Thank goodness that was all it was! So a few more minutes to get back to where I had been a half an hour ago.:th

I didn't really look at the paperwork until after I had started the print job... 14, yes 14 pages! No wonder they want you there 45 minutes early! About page 6 my printer decided to have another tantrum, it decided it did not like the ink cartridge. It asked me if it was an official HP cartridge or did I buy it elsewhere, among a few other nosey questions. Had to cancel all that out every page thereafter but got 'er done. I am out of ink now, I mean really, 14 pages? I don't even know how long that all took.

Long story short: I have spent almost 2 hours to download 14 pages of paperwork, which still needs to be filled out, to save 15 minutes office time...:barnie

(I do like how offices are giving these web options, but why can't I just fill it out online, like I did for my last Dr., gonna mention that to them tomorrow!)
:barnie

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score

I'm not going to "like" this post, there is nothing to like about it. But man does that sound familiar. :hugs

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score

I'm rolling. ROTFLMAO :lol: I've been there.......

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Printers....:smack
Mine went from printing fine one day, to deciding it couldn't communicate with my computer the very next. Even my tech son couldn't make it behave (he may have given up a little too early). He advised me to get a new one. o_O

@LocoYokel , I hope your appointment goes much better than your day of time saving prep went today. Here's to a healed back real soon!

LocoYokel

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I truly tried to relay the humor in that post but fell a bit short, looks like I need to work on my "wry" a bit more! It was a bit of a Murphy day tho, after all that I got me a SURPRISE package! What could go wrong had and it could only get better...
The folks just got back from a two week vacation to the Dakotas and Minnesota to visit family and friends. One of which is my aunt, who is a Master Gardener... I had no idea. She sent me a few presents... I now have a dhalia (which I can deal with), a canna lily (never had before), an elephant ear (O WoW, I need help here), and some beautiful coleus which are rooted, so is the begonia she sent... got those in dirt now. Did I mention...
O WoW! I could use some help! Any suggestions to storing these plants would be greatly appreciated, or directions to a how-to, I really want/need them to do well.
It's a family thing...:idunno

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
For the last 30+ years, I have been blessed/cursed with old basements. One might have been called a quarter basement but it had room for shelves and a water heater. The basement I have now has a room with a dirt floor! This room is in the part with the basalt rock walls. These places have been great for dahlia root storage.

At first, I would lift the entire clump of roots, plop the whole thing dirt-&-all onto a layer of dry leaves in a cardboard box. More leaves went over the top and the box was carried downstairs. I cleaned the clump in the spring, separating growing roots from those that were not.

This worked fine ... while there was only a few dahlias. Now, the cleanup takes place in the fall and only the better roots make it downstairs. Boxes would probably be better but there isn't room for so many. Plastic bags from the supermarket are used but I need to be sure that they remain open at the top. Too much moisture is bad news! The tubers go in peat moss, and plenty of it.

It looked like dahlias were the least of your concern but ... other than glads, that's all I have in winter storage ;).

Steve

Latest posts