One Alaskans greenhouse

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
i missed this by a day! Maybe a picture of the Alaska State Flower will make up for it ... a little.

Screenshot_20240207_102621_Chrome.jpg

Myosotis alpestris, the Alpine Forget-me-Not. šŸ¤¤

Steve

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
And for perspective, this is what 9ft. of snow looks like. This is by no means a lot of snow in comparison to some areas in our state; but itā€™s all i want!
1 & 2. Im having to hand dig trails to the compost bin and the Rabbit building now as the pile keeps coming at me. The end of that pile is 20 ft past the end of the building.
3 & 4. is one long pile going from down at the Rabbit building up behind the house and almost to the greenhouse.
5 & 6. Is the greenhouse and the roof on the garage that im not going to shovel.

Attachments

• IMG_2130.jpeg
    IMG_2130.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2129.jpeg
    IMG_2129.jpeg
    173.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2127.jpeg
    IMG_2127.jpeg
    169.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2120.jpeg
    IMG_2120.jpeg
    192.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2119.jpeg
    IMG_2119.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2118.jpeg
    IMG_2118.jpeg
    187.6 KB · Views: 22

akroberts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good morning everyone. I've been trying to stay dry and warm. Weather was pretty good for a while then of course the rain came back. I think we're going to get more rain tonight. šŸ˜ž I'm trying to figure out how to use the materials I have in my yard for a garden bed. I'm going to try to get a picture of all of it and post it so everyone can see what I have to work with and maybe give me some ideas for how to set it up.

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
All this temperate weather (melting) weā€˜re experiencing has me thinking about spring. One of the first things to get done, early are some additional EMF Antennaā€™s around the property. Two more in the garden and one for the Cherry trees And im going full Buck Rodgers on that one.
I recently replaced a TV antenna and the old one will give me a good base to start with. On line, i discovered 3M copper antenna tape to wrap the current antenna rays with. It will set 12-15 ft in the air; mounted on steel Pipe. Using the original antenna connections i will run 2 copper shielded wires down the pole and burried in a small trench leading to 2 different cherry trees. At the base of each tree the wire will be stripped bare and a slow spiral wound around the tree and buried under the surface. Then iā€™ll get my tricky meter out and play like i know what iā€™m doing as i rotate the antenna and try to establish a datum point to reference later if i have to ā€œchange the channelā€ - - based on what the trees like.šŸ’”āš”ļøšŸ«£

Attachments

• IMG_2162.jpeg
    IMG_2162.jpeg
    266.9 KB · Views: 21

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I was watching the birds at the feeder today @Alasgun and an idea popped into my mind out of the blue. Organic gardeners are always looking for ways to increase fertility and yields right? A feeder in each garden bed. I have one area of my garden where I plant runner beans and it's always nuts with growth there - it's right where the pigeons and doves perch next to the feeder in winter, and where all the little birds flutter around pecking for seed. We could encourage birds to add fertility to the garden beds all winter long. The cost would be bird seed.

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Personally, id be concerned about negative possibilities from a
ā€concentrationā€ of birds around my beds.

Latest posts