One Alaskans greenhouse

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I had some one year, growing in the compost pile. It was just a couple plants that sprang from broken off runners from storage potato’s. They were the most uniform and largest of any that year.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I didn't have to plant that one. I apparently forgot a potato on a plant from last year. Oops!

they will regrow from bits even if they don't resurface they will reshape themselves from bits into little potatoes.

i caught this one in the act (in the worm buckets).

100_5178_Tater_Peel.jpg

and this one managed to finish before i found it.

100_5523_Tater_Tot.jpg

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
On this dark and cold January morning; i picked my last Cucumber from the “23” season! Or did i just pick my FIRST Cucumber of the “24” season? Between this one and a half in the fridge we will easily sail into February, having eaten our own Cukes, continuously for 9 months!

We gardeners can be fickle at times, focusing on what others might see as the dumbest things. I notice this trait more coming from folks who garden in the Worlds Refrigerator's. We never seem to have any gardeners on here from Key West bragging about their Cumquats! 😏

Anyway, it’s time to go forward now so later today i’ll re-configure the space in preparation for all the trays soon to come.

In a crazy world we’re trying to keep our eye’s on the Lord and the important stuff going on around us. We have several folks in our midst who will meet their maker this year which is sobering but it’s also an opportunity to see what were really made of as we travel that path with them.

As long as @Phaedra and @heirloomgal keep us entertained with their wild and colorful exploits; we’ll be just fine and I would like to thank each of you who’ve made this place so special! I’m looking forward to this new season.

Attachments

• IMG_2048.jpeg
    IMG_2048.jpeg
    140 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Not only was it time, but it seemed fitting to start my Stevia (tropical plant) during the coldest 2 weeks were likely to see. In order to do this i had to wash up cups and tray’s and while i was at it i put the heat mat down. The T-5’s make all the necessary heat during the day and the mat picks up the slack thru the evening.

I’ve done this dance before and look forward to populating the rest of the space, in the next 4-8 weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_2063.jpeg
    IMG_2063.jpeg
    262.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2064.jpeg
    IMG_2064.jpeg
    249.7 KB · Views: 22

Latest posts