One Alaskans greenhouse

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Planted lemon seeds, peach, white peach and a nectarine. Hopefully I will get some fruit trees from them. My son is going to try to get a lemon tree from a friend of his dad place it in the backyard.
When I lived in Northern CA we had a tangerine bush and it actually bore fruit! My mom had a lime bush and got fruit from it as well!

akroberts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
When I lived in Northern CA we had a tangerine bush and it actually bore fruit! My mom had a lime bush and got fruit from it as well!
I wish I could find anything tangerine because the taste is just so amazing. I can only find Mandarin or orange or tangelo believe you me those are not a tangerine. Today though we were at 67 I thought Spring arrived early but no because we have a day or two and then it's back to rain and cold. 😩

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wish I could find anything tangerine because the taste is just so amazing. I can only find Mandarin or orange or tangelo believe you me those are not a tangerine. Today though we were at 67 I thought Spring arrived early but no because we have a day or two and then it's back to rain and cold. 😩

if you can put them near a corner that is protected from the cold but that also gets plenty of sunlight that will help. any walls, rocks, or water nearby can help soak up some heat, protect and moderate the colder temperatures, plus water can reflect light which will also help keep it a bit warmer.

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yea, we’re fine, one door upstairs is a little hard to open/close, but it’s fine. We are right at that time of year where we can get a break and it will go away fast. If not and we get enough more and reason for concern; i’ll hire someone to shovel it off. They get 500-1000$ for that up here!

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, i decided to see if i still have it in me and shovel that roof. It’s probably fine BUT it’s really gonna be fine once i get it done! Turning 73 today may have played a part, providing me with the necessary exuberance or whatever. One things for sure I’m going to sleep, well tonight! Lord willing i’ll finish it up tomorrow; just in time for my anniversary on Thursday.
The rope I usually leave across the roof was frozen to the roof so i tossed a small grapple hook up to the antenna and tied off the extension ladder, which is setting in the back of the plow truck down below. While setting there i took these pictures looking left and right. Roughly 3 ft up there some of it quite hard.
*on edit; the weather service and i differ on how we measure it. They tell us we’ve had 113 inches so far this year. So i guess i‘m shoveling 9ft of snow off the roof, minus evaporation.

The back side is done and about 1/3 of the front.

Attachments

• IMG_2105.jpeg
    IMG_2105.jpeg
    140.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2106.jpeg
    IMG_2106.jpeg
    204.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2107.jpeg
    IMG_2107.jpeg
    194.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2111.jpeg
    IMG_2111.jpeg
    135.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

akroberts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, i decided to see if i still have it in me and shovel that roof. It’s probably fine BUT it’s really gonna be fine once i get it done! Turning 73 today may have played a part, providing me with the necessary exuberance or whatever. One things for sure I’m going to sleep, well tonight! Lord willing i’ll finish it up tomorrow; just in time for my anniversary on Thursday.
The rope I usually leave across the roof was frozen to the roof so i tossed a small grapple hook up to the antenna and tied off the extension ladder, which is setting in the back of the plow truck down below. While setting there i took these pictures looking left and right. Roughly 3 ft up there some of it quite hard.

The back side is done and about 1/3 of the front.
Happy Birthday and Anniversary to you. Happy Anniversary to your wife. Today is the birthday of 2 of my granddaughters.

Latest posts