One Alaskans greenhouse

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This is how the newer Electroculture antennas will look.
1. 1in X two ft. Copper tube hammered flat and drilled to bolt to the inside of a bed. All but an inch of the copper will be ġgunderground.
2. 1in wooden dowel is a slip fit to both the copper and the PVC which makes a strong connection between the two. During assembly the wire is soldered to the copper pipe then the dowel is inserted and the connection is sealed with heat shrink tubing.
3. After dropping a couple pieces of Bamboo into the top, a cap is glued on to keep rain from doing any damage inside.

My original 3 antennas have stood up well to numerous wind storms but they do not have as much wire on them. The bamboo will give a little internal support and may not be necessary but i’d rather have the confidence of knowing they’ll be fine.

How much wire is necessary? I’m un-sure as i simply mimic’d what i see in others articles. I remember as a kid using a crystal radio and how, the more wraps and the tighter the wraps on the antenna; the better the reception was. Once they are in place i will scan everything with the Guass meter to see if it’s simply overkill OR if they are Super-tennas!🤔

Attachments

• IMG_2253.jpeg
    IMG_2253.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2252.jpeg
    IMG_2252.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2254.jpeg
    IMG_2254.jpeg
    64 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Cool! Is this how you made them last year, with the copper pipe flattened at the base? Pretty brilliant, I haven't seen any design like that. DH thinks it looks great too. I mentioned the crystal radio thing, and he knew exactly what you were talking about (not me though!). He said something about windings in a motor as well, and how there is a link in principle between the two. Windings and power being connected. Went right over my head though.

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yes Ma’am, only last year a lot less wire. None of the articles we’ve seen go into “the wrap” and it may prove to be too much of a good thing BUT, then again they may end up as “Super-tennas”. I have no idea what the limits are but we’ll soon find out!

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am surrounded by Aliens! Im hoping they will use my antennas to set up a new radio station! Then i will able to broadcast messages (via the polar magnetism of the earth) to my old friend Timothy Leary; who was last known to be floating in space!

And if that don’t work it could be a nice lightening arrestor, except we have lightening around here. Now that i think about it it may end up to be completely useless except for “the look”; that cherished look on the faces of folks who feel sorry for me.🙄

Last edited:

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This is a departure from my earlier efforts but having replaced the tv antenna earlier i want to play with this a bit. I’m calling this one “the Grand Pubah” due to it’s size.
Im wrapping it with 3M copper antenna tape and it will be mounted on top of 15ft. Of pipe, set in cement. I’ll run 10-2 direct bury wire from the antenna connections down and over to a ground rod driven between 2 cherry trees.

I’ll have all of this done and ready to “plant” once the ground softens enough to chop the hole. There are no pest concerns with these trees and i know what to expect production so i’ll be curious and looking for some performance gains.

Attachments

• IMG_2264.jpeg
    IMG_2264.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2263.jpeg
    IMG_2263.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2262.jpeg
    IMG_2262.jpeg
    195.2 KB · Views: 27

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This is a departure from my earlier efforts but having replaced the tv antenna earlier i want to play with this a bit. I’m calling this one “the Grand Pubah” due to it’s size.
Im wrapping it with 3M copper antenna tape and it will be mounted on top of 15ft. Of pipe, set in cement. I’ll run 10-2 direct bury wire from the antenna connections down and over to a ground rod driven between 2 cherry trees.

I’ll have all of this done and ready to “plant” once the ground softens enough to chop the hole. There are no pest concerns with these trees and i know what to expect production so i’ll be curious and looking for some performance gains.
Wow! I'll be curious too!

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This California / New Zealand doe has been here thru 2 winters now and done a spectacular job of producing and raising her young. 10 at a time 5 black and 5 salt and pepper each time and has never lost a kit.
Today she moved up to Willow Ak with a couple who are just starting their rabbitry. The only fault i can find in her is that she’s “too much of a good thing”. We only eat so much rabbit so with each breeding im saddled with finding homes for the remainder, which is a chore sometimes.

She’s being replaced with a smaller Champagne de’Argent doe and time will tell how that works out? They say good rabbits arent bought, they are bred and when i first got into rabbits i had no idea why that was? Now days i get it and am looking forward to selectively breeding the new one into a good line. I’ve successfully done this several times with my Satins and enjoy the process of breeding for desirable traits. Number one is cleanliness and mothering ability and i like a rabbit who throws 4-6 kits per litter. This fits my situation well. I can usually get what I want after sorting thru a couple litters And saving promising daughters. By this time next year i hope to have it all sorted out! Along the way; the poop train keeps rolling along!

Once i get this new Doe situated we’ll have a photo session!

Attachments

• IMG_2205.jpeg
    IMG_2205.jpeg
    154.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Prepper’s are a funny lot! The younger ones especially; who’ve recently discovered how some of us have lived for many generations.

I do applaud anyone who approached self reliance with a well thought out plan. Those telling you how important Rabbits are, are counting on being able to go to a feed store to buy pellets for the poor bunny With no idea how to feed the poor thing when they cant get bagged feed!

Some give me a hard time for naming them and petting them and then butchering them. My comeback is “I only name and pet the Mommy’s and Daddy’s - - it’s their children i slaughter and eat.” That where we change the subject.

Latest posts