One Alaskans greenhouse

akroberts

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have 2 rabbits and there's no way I could or would butcher them because I won't eat rabbits. Deer is another story and I would love to be able to get some venison meat but I don't hunt because I don't like guns. I know I'm weird but it works for me. 😁

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Probably couldn't have killed the lamb I bought a few years ago, but the owner had already shipped to the locker for me.
Tasted Great!
I am thinking about ordering mutton from her in the future.
More available.
She has a limited lamb supply, which is, if you don't know, ANY SHEEP under 1 yo.
Older ewes are another story.
Sheep shall safely graze...until the shepherd is hungry. :gig

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The tomato's look fine, of these i’ll keep 3-4 with the remainder going elsewhere. Celebrity, Celebrity plus, Stupice & BHN589.
Artichokes look good too, something i’ve never grown succesfully.

Attachments

• IMG_0787.jpeg
    IMG_0787.jpeg
    417.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0788.jpeg
    IMG_0788.jpeg
    236.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Do you regularly grow Stupice and BHN589? Your plants look really nice; artichokes are such pretty plants, aren't they? I've grown them too, but just for pretty, silvery foliage since I know I could never get them to full maturity here. But they're fun!

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Stupice, every year for a couple reasons; it’s always my first tomato and they have good flavor, something not all early’s do. Nothing has ever out produced Celebrity and this year i have a couple versions; with the addition of Celebrity Plus.
BHN589 is new to me, more compact than i usually grow with high production possibilities. We’ll see.

Artichokes are something our Daughter has grown to fruit; Outside for a couple seasons so we’ll see. We like them and try to eat them a couple times a month. Again; We’ll see.

Thank You for the Kind words!

Last edited:

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I’m always happy when this time of year rolls around and i can begin getting ready for the spring season. Today i dug my way into the greenhouse and will begin the “spring ritual“ of getting it ready to populate; hopefully by this time next month! There’s still a lot of snow that needs to go away outside but i‘ll get everything washed inside and set up in the mean time!

We actually had more snow last year But it went away sooner.

Attachments

• IMG_2283.jpeg
    IMG_2283.jpeg
    160.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2282.jpeg
    IMG_2282.jpeg
    195.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2281.jpeg
    IMG_2281.jpeg
    244 KB · Views: 24

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
At this point Tomato’s, Parsley, Stevia, Artichokes, Anise Hyssop, Kale, Broccoli, Pole Beans, Chard, Cukes, Onions, Lettuce, Dill and Celery are started. In ten more days another group goes in and that will be it for the transplant stuff.
Later today the Tomato’s were up-potted and moved into my L.E.D lit grow room where they will sky rocket! Not everything likes this type of light but the Tomato’s definitely do.
I also dug my way into the hot-cap and moved it all the way to the left side of this bed. ]Some lettuce has been seeded and will migrate from the house to the greenhouse and finally out here, when the weather allows.
Im not the only one ready for spring, notice the fly on the Outside of the sliding door! It’s 20f out there.

Attachments

• IMG_0804.jpeg
    IMG_0804.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2282.jpeg
    IMG_2282.jpeg
    195.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Everything’s coming along nicely, thanks to @catjac1975 and an earlier start, i’m gonna have some skookum onion starts in 6-8 more weeks!
As usual, i’ll be eating off that parsley before it gets moved to the greenhouse and the tomato’s will be just about perfect by then. 4 of these will be up-potted once more and the orphans will go away in the next couple weeks.
The pot of Chocolate mint is a gift to a lady from Church who can either chop it into 4 large chunks or take a zillion cuttings from it and establish a nice mint bed of her own!

Attachments

• IMG_0818.jpeg
    IMG_0818.jpeg
    309.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0820.jpeg
    IMG_0820.jpeg
    324.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0821.jpeg
    IMG_0821.jpeg
    319.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0822.jpeg
    IMG_0822.jpeg
    316.5 KB · Views: 13

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Everything’s coming along nicely, thanks to @catjac1975 and an earlier start, i’m gonna have some skookum onion starts in 6-8 more weeks!
As usual, i’ll be eating off that parsley before it gets moved to the greenhouse and the tomato’s will be just about perfect by then. 4 of these will be up-potted once more and the orphans will go away in the next couple weeks.
The pot of Chocolate mint is a gift to a lady from Church who can either chop it into 4 large chunks or take a zillion cuttings from it and establish a nice mint bed of her own!
I am honored to have my advice acceptable to an ALASKAN!

Latest posts