One thing people don't usually know.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
always fun when basic science finds new things. :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Heavens! (Or, maybe I should say, Good _Reef!!)

Okay, I'm gonna post something that people may not know ... We had some TEG discussion on Learning to Read. I remember that @Artichoke Lover and @Gardening with Rabbits were involved in that.

Here is something that seems to fly against some current thinking on teaching children:

REALITY. Yes, we can greatly enjoy the writings of some authors of fiction. However, kids are curious about their world around them. On a side note: Imagine the difference from reading Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn 130 years ago compared with when some of us read those books ummm several decades ago.

:) Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Heavens! (Or, maybe I should say, Good _Reef!!)

fun and interesting sculptures. :)

Okay, I'm gonna post something that people may not know ... We had some TEG discussion on Learning to Read. I remember that @Artichoke Lover and @Gardening with Rabbits were involved in that.

Here is something that seems to fly against some current thinking on teaching children:

REALITY. Yes, we can greatly enjoy the writings of some authors of fiction. However, kids are curious about their world around them. On a side note: Imagine the difference from reading Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn 130 years ago compared with when some of us read those books ummm several decades ago.

:) Steve

for me the best thing was to just stay out of my way when i wanted to read something. i'm so glad that Mom never restricted a single book i'd want to look at or read at any age. some books were beyond me, but that's a different issue. :)

i remember in 5th grade my math teacher lent me a book on algebra and trigonometry. i didn't get into it too much or understand a lot of it, but at least later on when logarithms and a few other things came along again i at least knew what they were and didn't have any moments of freaking out.

Latest posts