Only IN NY

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm not much of a shopper either. I hate to shop for clothes, and I do not just go shopping for the heck of it. I used to like to go to garage sales, but I am more in the mode of getting rid of stuff now, rather than obtaining more, no matter how good a bargain I find.
Well, I have to take that back, just a little. We are going to a rock and mineral show in a couple weeks. I may buy something there. I like rocks. Especially sparkly rocks.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have little sparkly rocks. I wear them in my ears.
Pretty much the only jewelry my husband has ever bought me. He is not a shopper either.
And I'm still amazed that he was nervy enough to go in a jewelry store and buy such a girly thing. This guy can barely tolerate a tool store!

Now, what were we talking about?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i hate browsing. when i shop i have a list of things to get and that is what i'm going to get. as i was remarking to Mom today at the big box store, there are parts of it i've never walked through because that's stuff i never need. didn't even know they had carpeting for sale there, let alone indoor-outdoor carpeting.

we did great. at both places we got a $50 discount on the fence rolls and $20 off the ladder. not a cheap day, but when the fence finally gets put up it will help cut down on our deerly, wabby, etc. visitors...

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm another that's not a shopper I have a list and shop from that, in and out. I get really annoyed when they shift everything around and have to hunt for things, I get hubby to do most of the grocery shopping, he doesn't mind, it gives him something to do, besides he likes chatting it up with the girls, the old charmer. They always ask how I'm doing and tell him to say hi for them. I only go when I'm on the search for something I'm not sure of.
My daughter is the opposite, she loves shopping and I have to admit she comes home with some great bargains but it's not for me. When she was a teenager (14-15) I gave her the money to do her own clothes shopping, she got more bang for the buck then I ever did. I went with her one time, she even inspects seams to see how well it's made. If she found a flaw she'd ask for a discount and believe it or not she got one.

Annette

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm not much of a shopper either. I hate to shop for clothes, and I do not just go shopping for the heck of it. I used to like to go to garage sales, but I am more in the mode of getting rid of stuff now, rather than obtaining more, no matter how good a bargain I find.
Well, I have to take that back, just a little. We are going to a rock and mineral show in a couple weeks. I may buy something there. I like rocks. Especially sparkly rocks.
I like sparkly rocks too, especially diamonds. :p
Mary

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we like sparkly rocks too. if some gal wanted to give me some i'd take them and if we liked them we'd put them with the rest of them. if they were really expensive sparkly rocks i'd probably want to sell them so i could buy huge tracts of land...

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
we like sparkly rocks too. if some gal wanted to give me some i'd take them and if we liked them we'd put them with the rest of them. if they were really expensive sparkly rocks i'd probably want to sell them so i could buy huge tracts of land...
Me too!

Mary

Latest posts