Pallet Chicken Coop....going up UPDATED: 11/28

bayouchica

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Real nice Boggy, wonderful use of materials.

My husband worked at this place that would build pulp wood machinery.They would burn nice wooden boxes,pallets, etc. :rolleyes:
What was so cool was the wood came from all over the world. Hubby brought home lots of that wood.We used some of it around the house & of course the chicken coop. We even recycled the nails,lol

good luck, keep us updated :)

Miriam

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Only thing left to do to the coop is hang the door. Have one more post to set and can finish putting up the fence (got to hang the gate, too).

TOTAL out of pocket expense on the coop.....UNDER $10.
GRAND TOTAL for the ENTIRE project....UNDER $70 (4X4X8 treated post are hard to come by, used and useable)

6615_phpfy8xltpm.jpg

6615_phpkjkhympm.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cute! That is going to make a cozy little home for your new girls. I am not telling my chickens- they'll want to come down and spend the winter with you!

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Great looking coop, I know how it is trying to find any used treated wood thats worth using.Nice use of recycled materials, give yourself a pat on the back.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good job! Looks like they'll get lots of sunshine through their windows and hopefully lay lots of eggs for you. :thumbsup

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
WOOOOHOOOO.......Just got all the fencing up. Now I just gotta build and hang the coop door and run gate. Then it'll be CHICKEN TIME.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
WOW,! You are not wasting anytime getting your coop/run done good job. What kind of chickens does the little one want, or have you not got that far yet. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh how exciting!!! NOthing like a recycled chicken coop. I love 'em! Ours was a bunch of craigslist scraps... and the chickens love us for them. :D

You are going to have the most grateful birds... I bet they'll give you lots of yummy eggs. :fl

(Though mine are currently protesting something or other... because they won't share an egg these days. :he )

:thumbsup

Latest posts