Pass the scalpel please Igor

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It is fascinating very cool that you were able to get started like that. I'd love to try it but right now if I take on another project my NEXT project would be finding a place to sleep in the garage!

Please keep us posted

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
The photo is a small section of Gardenia Veitchii which was placed into culture three weeks ago. It is not impressive, however, I count four small plantlets developing so far. The single redwood is now four plants. Fascinating process.
jackb

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Jack-
There are different products used in the development of daylilies that double the chromosomes and increase the size and beauty of the daylily flower. They go from diploids to tetraploids. I would think this could also be used in gardenias and some of the other plants that you culture.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am still learning the uses of auxins, cytokinins and gibberellins. Different combinations of hormones and growth regulators work with some plants but, not with others. Some plants are easy, some are hard. Apparently Gardenia is fairly easy. With some plants it is like trying to open a safe without the combination. I have a long long way to go with this.
jackb

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Actually it is quadruplets, there is a tiny plantlet on the backside also. And, as the song went: We've Only Just Begun.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Utterly fascinating thank you for keeping us in the loop in this process.

Latest posts