Phaedra's 2021 Garden

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You create such wonderful ambience @Phaedra Geiermann, the atmosphere in your dining settings is so serene and calm. I like your egg penguins too, I wondered what those were! 😂
I can only imagine what kind of tranquil music you might have playing in the background.. 🎶🎼

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The forecast said we will have one week dry weather, till next Tuesday no more rain, hopefully it's true. I really missed sunny days now.

Rose Lily (kind of oriental Lily): Soft Music, the latest variety in my garden. They are pollen-free and won't mess the tablecloth or where you put them.
31833.jpg

Also my first year planted hyssop (Agastache foeniculum), wow, they do smell nice and attract so many bees.
31836.jpg

Rosa rugosa - in Germany it's called potato rose, because the leave look a bit like potato leaves. I love picking their petals (so bees still can enjoy and there will still be rose hips in autumn) and drying for tea. I guess our chicken will love those hips.
31835.jpg

Coming September will be the show time for different Dahlias
31849.jpg

31840_0.jpg

31837.jpg

Although this year my zucchini harvest still very limited, but seems one bottle gourd grows quite well and so far quite some fruits are there. They are very delicious vegetable for making fried dumplings, can't wait.
31838_0.jpg

Also waiting for sweet pea seeds
31846.jpg

Also the no-knead bread today, i didn't make that for almost two years, but still delicious.
31700(1).jpg

Just like most of the good things in our life - simple but flavorful
31862.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
What a lovely Sunday brunch. You make it like a mini vacation. Did your husband build the new shed?
No, his skill level is slowly growing (as I requested him all the time :lol:), but building a new shed will take at least, mmmm, another 5 years I guess :p

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
How perfectly delightful. I so love visiting you and your lovely place. Sorry the vaccine made you feel bad. Hope your are much better now.
Thanks, I do feel better now, the first 36 hours is the most difficult time, huuuu~

Today I already can use the cast iron pot for baking, so no more problem. You will be welcome in our garden :love

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You create such wonderful ambience @Phaedra Geiermann, the atmosphere in your dining settings is so serene and calm. I like your egg penguins too, I wondered what those were! 😂
I can only imagine what kind of tranquil music you might have playing in the background.. 🎶🎼
Thanks, I love various music but most of the time the peaceful instrumental ones are my favorite.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Phaedra Geiermann your presence here makes TEG a better place. I love your gardens, pictures and the beauty of your world that you have created.
Thanks @baymule, these two years I realized, just like how I take care of plants in the garden, I am the one who holds full accountability to build what I want to experience, where I want to live and keep growing - this makes me focus in creating and learning.

What's past is prologue - this is one of my favorite sentences from Shakespeare. I am so happy finding here knowing gardeners like you, sharing and interacting with you. :love:love

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Finally it's one day without rain :ya
31896.jpg

This year I planted this, a new variety which combines Brussels sprout and kale. I tried two years ago but failed (wrong sowing time). This year I guess we can harvest some successfully in early winter.

31888.jpg

Harvested some Scallion, cleaned the space for autumn/winter vegetables
31897.jpg

Then transplanted seedlings as succession plants, most of them are red romaine lettuce and chinese cabbages - will grow nicely in the coming cool weather and be harvested in 2-3 month time.
31887.jpg

I also tried to plant some Leek this spring, and they look promising.
31886.jpg

VP-1, overall growth is not bad, and it seems Spinach like such an enviornment.
31890.jpg

Sunflowers are blossoming in many different corners.
31893.jpg

Bees are resting on the big ones. So, we enjoy the beauty of flower, bees enjoy the pollen, and chicken will enjoy the seeds at the end.

31889.jpg

The pond area is almost cleaned up.
31899.jpg

And made two pancake mix: cinnamon and cocoa :love
31895.jpg

Latest posts