Phaedra's 2021 Garden

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The working area for today and tomorrow, the small bridge to the garden shed. It's on the smaller pond, but i am waiting for my husband to assemble the grout cleaner, so, here first.
P9020028.jpg

From I was a student, it's difficult for me to concentrate and study for more than 90 mins. Till today I am still like that, so I usually do the cleaning for 20 mins and then leave for doing something else.

After doing 3 times 20 mins, it already looks much better.
32113.jpg

I didn't expect there are so many garden works when we bought the house, but well, it's something I like much in fact. I enjoy that so far.

The blue sky is so unreal, but it's real.

32119.jpg

My charming Odin, the very first cockerel I have, "handsome and cute" are so adequate for describing him. He is the first hatched on this June 20th, almost one full day earlier than other chicks. I do wish he can keep his lovely character when he turns into a rooster.

32145.jpg

32144.jpg

Kept reading, one of the books I am reading now is "Around the World in 80 Trees" - reading such books with a lot of terms I need an English-English dictionary app.

32147.jpg

The first one is about Leyland Cypress, never thought about such trees can cause lots of troubles in the neighborhood.

32148.jpg

Another book I am reading, is "Solitude - A Return to the Self" - although it's translated, the content itself takes time to digest, so I also just read one chapter everyday.

32149.jpg

32150.jpg

Cinnamon pancake are always welcome, my husband said, this feels like, Christmas is coming!
32079.jpg

Another week becomes history, have a pleasant weekend my friends.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like the way you deal with your attention span. You recognize the 90 minute limit, so space out your projects to concentrate on short times to keep it interesting.

Im pretty sure that you would be a welcomed neighbor to anyone here on TEG. If you and your husband ever visit Texas, please be my honored guest!

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh My Goodness @Phaedra Geiermann It has occurred to me you a pretty much fluent in 2 if not 3 languages! And there are days I have trouble with the only one I have ever known! The around the world in 80 trees looks interesting.
Dear Carol, Language and Literature is my major in university, although I seldom went to class -- i didn't know how many people in our class until we graduated, haha. I spent most of my university time in chorus. But later in my 23-year career, English is always needed. Till now I communicate with my husband with English most of the time :D

When I have to travel a lot in South East Asia, I decided to learn Japanese as that region fulls of Japanese enterprises. Then, as my husband is German and we live here, I learned German, too. My German is okay for daily life, I can understand most of the conversations well, but not able to have any in-depth discussion yet. I can't help to switch back to English mode as it is much easier :p

Learning foreign languages offers an opportunity to step into another world, like participating here :D

My interest in English is from listening pop music played in the radio , Endless love; When you tell me that you love me; You are my everything; Desperado; Yesterday once more, and etc.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I like the way you deal with your attention span. You recognize the 90 minute limit, so space out your projects to concentrate on short times to keep it interesting.

Im pretty sure that you would be a welcomed neighbor to anyone here on TEG. If you and your husband ever visit Texas, please be my honored guest!
Dear Bay, thanks for the warm words. I immediately show this to my husband and tell him we can visit Texas one day :D

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
While our danish Mercenary, Kwern, still in his sleep, I already cleaned 85% path to the garden shed, it takes much more efforts than I thought.
32198.jpg
32180.jpg

Then he finally wakes up from his dormancy!
32173.jpg

Finally we saw what we didn't see when we moved in 3 years ago, the lovely (but difficult to maintain) patterns on the path.
32170.jpg

32168.jpg

32178.jpg

To be honest, the machine itself can reach somewhere, but it can't clean up everything. Combining strengths from human and machine can present the best scenario. The cleaning of this region is done with satisfaction, my husband also enjoys.

32171.jpg

Some funny photos from our hens who enjoy their Yogurt in the afternoon :lol:
32185.jpg

32174.jpg

Go to drinking at the same time ~
32177(1).jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Sunday, as usual it begins with our brunch
32293.jpg

Many birds are having their brunch, too. Some are on the trees for the ripening elderberries, some, like the black birds, are on the ground and try to dig some insects from where I cleaned earlier.
32254.jpg

It's how the rest of the shed looks like.
32250.jpg

And my writing area
32201.jpg

Flower time!
P9050031.JPG

P9050051.JPG

P9050048.JPG

P9050033.JPG

P9050047.JPG

The two cockerels practice fighting, what a moment!
32212.jpg

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dear Bay, thanks for the warm words. I immediately show this to my husband and tell him we can visit Texas one day :D
Come on! I'll saddle up the horses and we can go for a ride. You can pet sheep to your heart's desire, they love attention. East Texas is forest and pasture lands. I love the trees!

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My crazy dahlias, almost the size of my face, now I know why these belong to the "dinner plate" variety, wow, so impressive!

32479.jpg

Although this is the first year I planted dahlias, I already fall in love with them. They are really quite robust and not too princess like.

32527.jpg

And they are really beautiful~
32580.jpg

32581.jpg

I did so many things these two day, busy like a bee, but it feels great, especially the first half of September is sunny, sunny, and sunny. Part of my name means sunny, so I love it.

Our neighbor invites me to pick their plum. The tree bears so many fruits and they didn't thin them, so the best way is use the steam juicer, get the juice and then make the delicious marmalade.

32497.jpg

32499.jpg

This is my second time to use this steam juicer, the first time is last year for elderberries.
32568.jpg

The color is so pretty!
32564.jpg

Today's results, I love the flavor so much~
32562.jpg

Also keeps cleaning the pond area, i guess another 4~5 days will be enough to see a brand new pond, can't wait.
32517.jpg

Latest posts