Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well Mary, they are not Vermont leaves, but good old New York leaves. I was out photographing fungi today at the Martin Dunham reservoir in Grafton, New York. My intent was to capture the reflection of the leaves for a photo contest in England, but when the woman in the canoe came around the bend I thought it made a nice composition. It is not far from where we live, so I have spent a lot of time there over the years. There are not too many people who know how to get to that area, which makes it a great place for us nature lovers. What really rattles my chain is to see trash left by so called "sportsmen" who go there to fish. Recently, I photographed a beautiful stretch of the Deerfield river in Vermont. Before I took the photos I had to police up the empty water bottles from the foreground and bring them to the trash container in the parking area. People drinking bottled water, then tossing the empties to pollute the environment. Go figure.
jackb

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beautiful pictures JackB. I've never seen fall colors like that. One day, I will go to Vermont or NY to see the fall colors. Yes, I will be one of those tourists backing up traffic. :D

Mary

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beautiful pictures JackB. I've never seen fall colors like that. One day, I will go to Vermont or NY to see the fall colors. Yes, I will be one of those tourists backing up traffic. :D

Mary

Be sure to drop in on your way by, I'll treat you to as many Fig Newtons as you can eat. ;)

jackb

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that the person in the canoe was a woman I would judge to be in her seventies. She came alone from the other end of the lake, which is a pretty good distance. We exchanged a few pleasantries as she went by; so I should have told her the river is impassable just around the bend, but she was having such a good time. Apparently, some "senior citizens" have better things to do than watch Judge Judy. ;)
jackb

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good for her! I would have loved to have talked to her. I love her spirit and willing to be out doing something by herself. Sometimes I think I'm to joined at the hip with my husband. :rolleyes:

Mary