Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Come on Jack. The framing of that photo is artistry, not luck.
Cat, I meant finding the downed tree with the fungi. I admit I found it unusual, so I took several shots at different angles. I belong to a gardening forum in the UK that was running a photo competition with the theme being, of all things, decay. When I saw the tree it clicked that the fungi in the dead tree fit the theme. So, although I was stalking a beaver lodge I shot the photo and trudged on. I am glad I did though because it was selected as the best photo. Just a case of pure dumb luck.

Last edited:

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cat, I meant finding the downed tree with the fungi. I admit I found it unusual, so I took several shots at different angles. I belong to a gardening forum in the UK that was running a photo competition with the theme being, of all things, decay. When I saw the tree it clicked that the fungi in the dead tree fit the theme. So, although I was stalking a beaver lodge I shot the photo and trudged on. I am glad I did though because it was selected as the best photo. Just a case of pure dumb luck.
Dumb luck and a good eye. Congrats

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
I joined this group because the folks in the UK have more greenhouses per capita than any other country. They are insane gardeners, and into photography also.

The contest: http://gardenerscorner.co.uk/forum/threads/october-photo-comp-results.116133/#post-1052694

edit: Today I received an email from a distant cousin in the UK that I met through a genealogy search. We shared a great great great great grandfather. (1754) Even so, through sharing family photos we find there are still resemblances generations later. Today is their Guy Fawkes day and they are shooting off fireworks. They are also intensely interested in our election for some reason.

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here is a fungus I found while walking in our woods. I have seen this same fungus several times, in the fall, always on oak.

I call it Stump Flower. :lol:

yellow-fungus-jpg.17068

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It's Chicken of the Woods. it is beautiful. They sell that on ebay...

THIS IS PROBABLY NOT CHICKEN OF THE WOODS........

CORRECT I.D. IS IN POST BELOW..............

Last edited: