Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Love the color in these pics...summer into fall always brings the most vivid colors around here.

100_0905.JPG
100_0887.JPG

100_0898.JPG

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
The 1st full year with Sweet Summer (or Autumn) (I think that is the name) Clematis. Planted late season last summer. It completely cover the pole and old vine wood support. Stunning. View attachment 28362 View attachment 28363 View attachment 28364

That's gorgeous!!! I've always wanted to know the name of that clematis and always wanted to have one. There was a little house in my home town that had one that had taken over their whole carport to where you couldn't see any of the structure at all...just this mass of green vine and white flowers. Ever since seeing that, I've wanted one. Beautiful!!!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's gorgeous!!! I've always wanted to know the name of that clematis and always wanted to have one. There was a little house in my home town that had one that had taken over their whole carport to where you couldn't see any of the structure at all...just this mass of green vine and white flowers. Ever since seeing that, I've wanted one. Beautiful!!!

It is beautiful, and supposed to be fragrant. Is that right @Carol Dee ?

The name is Sweet Autumn clematis,
and I've seen it referred to as Clematis paniculata and/or C. ternifolia, so I don't know which is correct. I've tried to grow it 3 times but it fails to come back each spring.
I guess it's just not hardy here. :(

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score

and I've seen it referred to as Clematis paniculata and/or C. ternifolia, so I don't know which is correct. I've tried to grow it 3 times but it fails to come back each spring.
Yes fragrant. Came back this year. Hope it returns next year. Up until about a week ago it was only a mass of green vines.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

the rabbits and deer will feed on it. we've had several gnawed down to nothing over the years.

Latest posts