Put in a pond?

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh heck, if you can lay a flagstone path you can do almost anything! I always figure, if I screw it up I will be the one to fix it anyway. :rolleyes:

I have figured out the system here... if you want it done within two years just do it yourself. Dh is a real sweetie, the kind of guy that would give you his last quarter. He hates not being able to help more, works 10 hour days with a 40 minute commute, and also does a lot of union business as the pres of the local. I try not to ask for help unless I really really need it, especially for my crazy yard projects.
Small world, your Dh and Mine sound a lot alike. Right down to Union business. He is BA for the District council 81 and locals 502 and 676. (I think I got the numbers right. ) IUPAT. International Union of Painters and Allied Trades. Works about 60 hr per week and paid salary for 40!

Jeni Ann

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Mary, Lavender is right! Just do it & if it doesn't turn out just right, just re-do it! Or live with it. We are usually more critical than anyone else anyway. I've never been afraid to try stuff and I am independent as all get out ... but I used to think there were certain things I should "let" the man do ... Silly me :lol:

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Small world, your Dh and Mine sound a lot alike. Right down to Union business. He is BA for the District council 81 and locals 502 and 676. (I think I got the numbers right. ) IUPAT. International Union of Painters and Allied Trades. Works about 60 hr per week and paid salary for 40!
I think their similarities end at gardening. Your Dh seems to enjoy it, mine has no real interest unless it involves a machine... ha, maybe I just need bigger projects. :D

Dh's full time job is warehouse manager for a large steel fabricator, LeJeune Steel. They do big stuff like Mall of America, sports stadiums, most Walmart stores built in the past 30 years, etc. Lately they've done a lot of bridges and got the contract for the new Vikings stadium, he is SO busy! On the side, he is pres./business manager for 535 - International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcing Iron Workers. I am his backup secretary, who currently should be negotiating some pay. :lol:

One more day of rain and then some nice weather, they say, hopefully they guessed it right this time!:rolleyes:

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Raining on and off mostly wind, thunder and lightening! Going to be a steamy lower 90's today. UGH . Nice begging Friday. YEAH! :) DH's job covers part of MN but not as far north as you are. Last week he was on a job site for the bridge work on the Centennial bridge over the Mississippi between Davenport, IA and Rock Island, IL. Was gone a week for Nationals in August will be gone a week this month for training. Thankfully he has a wonderful Girl Friday at the office. ;)