Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
391646995_3607451706161021_1807057446005713605_n.jpg

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Eatery Happiness Exchange: Zero Waste Life

Kind of the story I like very much, and I will try to implement what I can do in my small cafe.
I like this too, and it gives me a feeling of satisfaction to find uses for all things in my everyday life. When I was a little kid, my grandfather used to tell me, "It's unAmerican to waste food." I thought it was funny back then, but his words must have taken root because to this day it is seldom that I have to throw away anything edible (and even then it has a new life as compost).. I'd expand 'American' to something more global, but apart from that, his philosophy lives on in me. (Probably he came to feel that way from living through the depression years of the 1930s.)

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like this too, and it gives me a feeling of satisfaction to find uses for all things in my everyday life. When I was a little kid, my grandfather used to tell me, "It's unAmerican to waste food." I thought it was funny back then, but his words must have taken root because to this day it is seldom that I have to throw away anything edible (and even then it has a new life as compost).. I'd expand 'American' to something more global, but apart from that, his philosophy lives on in me. (Probably he came to feel that way from living through the depression years of the 1930s.)

yes.

when i heard the news reports a few years ago about how much food the average family wastes in this country it made me rather sad because all of that wasted food means energy, fertilizer, land, water, sprays, etc. that had to be wasted to grow it and then have it come to naught...

i'm also very careful with food wastes and make sure the worms get all the scraps. once in a while there some kinds of molds that i will just flush down the toilet instead of giving them to the worm buckets, but it isn't very often. also if we have bones i will bury them out in a garden if there's a lot of them or if it is just one or two they can go in a worm bucket and since they are buried you won't smell them at all.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am watching Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and love it. It's a TV series almost three decades ago but really well made. I am in the middle of Season Four.

I just told DH today, well, we are also running our own deep space whatever number here. There will be endless troubles (challenges might sound better) waiting for us almost everyday.

Don't know why, this TV series gives me more patience when dealing with troubles/challenges is necessary.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask,
‘Where have I gone wrong.’
Then a voice says to me,
‘This is going to take more than one night.’
Peanuts