RAIN!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Journey, if the grass is in the paths- you can weed eat it. I have grass/clover on one side of my garden- and we just leave it. Every few times we mow, we go in and knock it down with the weed eater. I am sure it is not proper gardening- but it does work!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I second Lesas idea Journey, just go annihilate it with the weed whip. You'll look like a mobile compost pile afterwards though....

Lesa - whatever works is proper gardening! :)

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think I may go that route, given the square footage I'm dealing with. But I'll have to do it myself...DH can't be trusted! He is the one who blew grass (and seed) into my gardens in the first place! I may have to start doing the mowing too. :p

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yesterday the weatherman said no rain for at least the next four days. It's raining now...again.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
MontyJ said:
Yesterday the weatherman said no rain for at least the next four days. It's raining now...again.
hum how to answer this one ...we have the same drought your having :lol: :lol: :lol:

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
This morning they swore no chance of rain until next Thursday! Tonight it looks like 30 percent chance tomorrow and the next day. I want a job like that. No need to be correct, ever!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
MontyJ said:
I saw Tony Cavalier (WSAZ channel 3) at the 4th of July parade. I missed my chance to knock his block off.
5.gif

Yeah, seriously...I'm gonna quit watching/checking the weather. This is starting to make me crazy!
ugly_irre.gif

We had another torrential downpour this afternoon. DD and I had just hopped in the pool and got to swim for 1/2 an hour before it started clouding up to the north and I said, nah--our weather never comes from the north. But I was wrong. :/ You know it's pretty bad when you have to drain the pool a little every couple of days! I had plans to dig my taters and pull my onions tomorrow, but now I'll have to wait for a good dry spell.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I saw the radar Journey! It was really weird. The weather was moving from east to west and north to south. Like you, our summer weather never comes from the north or east. It was like it was running backwards. I thought you were getting drenched again. We had light showers for about 2-3 hours.

Latest posts