Ready, Set ... Winter!

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The wind chill is in the negatives, it just looks SO nasty out...but i am 100% successful so far today in not even sticking my pinky toe outside! I've been camped on the couch by the woodstove with a glass of wine, while DH has done all the errands - new battery for the truck, grocery shopping, brought in lots and lots of wood...i am one lucky girl! :love

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
The wind chill is in the negatives, it just looks SO nasty out...but i am 100% successful so far today in not even sticking my pinky toe outside! I've been camped on the couch by the woodstove with a glass of wine, while DH has done all the errands - new battery for the truck, grocery shopping, brought in lots and lots of wood...i am one lucky girl! :love
How did you manage to do that?

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, we are supposed to have wind chill below zero tomorrow night and the next. Actually, the forecast is for most of the wind to come in tonight but 20°f isn't quite as cold as where we are goin' this week!

It's fairly easy to hit negative wind chill when it's 11°.

Heather, Montana will have it so much colder. It really will be below zero in most of the state. Tell your DH to save his strength. You will need his help for several days.

Steve

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
You should all pack up and come visit me, in sunny upstate NY! We are predicted to be 60 degrees tomorrow! Stay warm and safe!

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Perfect title @digitS' . A beautiful warm Fall and then BAM... luckily we only got 6" instead of the 14-16" they were threatening. On the bright side, it hit the day after my big craft show weekend AND the snow blower worked. :clap

A chilly week ahead, in the 20s, and I think I saw a zero in there somewhere... mitten weather for a few days..:rolleyes:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's 20°f with 30mph wind gusts!

This is so NOT the morning to be outdoors! It is tragic to think how so many homeless people must be so vulnerable to poor decisions. Living in the moment isn't the way to go. I'd better be a little better prepared for worse.

There are 3 coolers with this and that in the utility room. They are not full but neither is what's in them, in one of the freezers.

I told DW that this could be the day to clear the "slash pile" out from behind the chicken coop and get it to the dump. Rethinking ...

It must be fun for people in warmer climes to see us northern mice scurrying around at the last minute! I hadn't expected @lesa to be one of them! Oh, don't you worry. Your minute will come. Those updating maps on page#1 don't look quite so bad but between now and then ...

Oh, to be far, far south - now that the bloom is long off the rose.

:rolleyes: Steve

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
You know it, Steve! My torture will be right around the corner...Looking at 20's by the weekend- and a chance of snow for many days to come. But today, was paradise! Got the elephant ears, dug and put away. And the dahlia's are tucked in for the winter.